What is the difference between....

skttnc

They are basically the same thing, except that Pre-Paid Gratuities get charged to your credit card BEFORE the cruise and the Auto Tips get charged to your S&S card the first day of the cruise, and will show up on your credit card AFTER the cruise.

Still the same amount...$10 per person per day. Still goes to the same people. So, It's just a matter of whether you want to pay them before the cruise or wait until after.

So since I did prepaid then will they charge me Auto tipping on my S & S account or will it not show up now?? Do I need to take care of this when I get onboard since I have already paid my tips?

I always leave the auto-tips on the S&S card... but don't prepay. My rationale... why let them have that money and lose the investment value I could have had, before I go on the cruise. If you pre pay them, you are charged and have paid them... I pay them when my credit card bill comes in and my money stays invested until that happens... :confused:

Half dozen of one, six of another...

Thanks everyone for your responses. My travel agent ask if I wanted to prepay and I said YES...I was just assuming it was the same as last time when they did the auto tip and it showed up on my S & S card on the first day of the cruise but then I was reading the boards and was confused between the two!

Holdon216 - You should call your TA or whoever you booked with and ask tell them you wanted to Prepay!

Thanks again!

Archived