Trouble with booking

geocruiser

Last week we booked the 3/5/05 Zaandam. Inside cabin with an AARP discount. To day the TA calls and tell us that HAL will only do the discount on an outside cabin. So I call HAL they said that it can be used on an inside cabin. I go to the TA we call from there now the answer is yes, then no. Then we ask to be put in an HH cabin cause the rate is lower than what we put on deposit on. Answer is no. TA keep asking for their boss. Then we get told yes to the HH. Then we get told NO to the HH But the will e-mail a higher up. So we wait. I go home and fax a letter to HAL office of the CEO. I told him all I want is what I first book. That I am not looking for any thing free, just want what I booked. Well 5 hours later on HAL's web site I have a HH cabin (nice up grade). Will wait to see what TA has to say. I just wish the people at HAL who we talk to all gave the same info.

Geo

Haven't rec'd an AARP discount in years. In the small print "for certain cruises only" and "cannot be used in conjuction with other discounts", or words to that effect. Found it was not worth the aggravation trying & just gave up. Good luck....

Happy cruising....

dakrewser,

I did not think that it was the TA fault. First the cruise was booked and deposit.

Second she got the call or fax that we could not use the discount after it was book (7 days ago) with deposit .

Than I call HAL from home after TA's call. I got an yes answer.

Then I went to my TA and she call HAL while I was sitting with her . I heard the same yes than no thiing going on. After that my TA called again to the Regular HAL number (the one that I called) she gave me the phone (just to see what amswer I would get). This time the pass the call on to some one else and got an no answer. Next she call and was really up set with HAL and kept asking for the next higher up to talk to. She found out that there was a rate for a flash which she wanted them to give me( because it was the equal to the same rate the I first paid but it would be an HH cabin insead of an MM, She didn't want me to paid $100 more for my MM cabin. The extra $100 was because of HAL taking away the discount on the mm). They said NO. But would ask some one eles and get back to her later.

If I was not hearing all this with my own ears I would have thought it was the TA's fault.

Thats when I fax HAL CEO's office.

I will let you know today what the out come is. I hope that I don't sound too mix up!!

Thank you all for your good wishes,

Geo

Then I went to my TA and she call HAL while I was sitting with her . I heard the same yes than no thiing going on.

Ah, OK, I see what you're saying. Have your TA write a letter for you (they will know the right things to say, the right "buttons to push") addressed to the president of the line, then you sign and send it.

There have been a growing number of complaints about the customer service phone lines throughout the industry (throughout most industries, come to that) but it's troubling when a company which brags about it's high level of service stumbles so badly.

Archived