Galaxy to Panama -- What side of ship to book on?

REPO

Really, I don't think it makes a difference. We had a sky suite and we ended up on the topless sunbathing deck going in and the stern on deck 7 coming back through the Canal. As far as sunbathing on your deck, the sun was always shining on ours during the day. Hope this helps. I'm not as cleverly funny as my husband is.

Donna

If a view of the ports make a difference, choose a room on the port side. Seriously, we had the port side, cabin 8163, on our cruise and we were literally on the port side for each and every port. It's the first time that's happened.

As to sun it really doesn't matter on the way south you get morning sun. On the way north you get afternoon sun

We were on the port side. I don't think it makes that much difference. You may get a bit more sun on the starboard, but it's no big deal. As Donna says above, if you want a good look going through the canal you will want to be out on deck at some point. I found the aft area on decks 9 and 8 to be less crowded and good for seeing the workings of the locks.

Phil

What time does the ship enter the canal. How long does it take? I guess what I really want to know is can I sleep in and not miss the show,lol

Depends on what you call a sleep in;) It varies from cruise to cruise, I think. We started through at about 6.30am. It can be slightly later, but not much. I guess what I am saying is, no sleep in on Panama Canal day:( They will post the time thru on the previous day's activity sheet, from what I remember. It takes about an hour and a half to get through.

Phil

We did a tour and didn't go through the locks in the return direction, but I'm assuming it will be much of a muchness. It is nice to see it first off in the morning as you approach as the light is different and it's a bit cooler too. I'll own up. 6.30 is very early for me:eek: , but I did have to be up just to see it:)

Not sure of the last reply. All of the cabins are smoking:confused:

Phil

Archived