Wierd passport question - Alaska

This is kinda wierd, so bear with me. i am taking an alaskan cruise for my honeymoon in July. We both have passports, and me being the person I am, I put them somewhere safe and now i cant find them. I honestly do not want to have to reorder them before our cruise since I have to do a name change afterwards anyways. My concern is this, there are carnival tours that go into Canada that say that they require a passport - like some of the train tours. Is that true?? Thats one of the tours we wanted to do, and now not sure if we should?? Help!

This is kinda wierd, so bear with me. i am taking an alaskan cruise for my honeymoon in July. We both have passports, and me being the person I am, I put them somewhere safe and now i cant find them. I honestly do not want to have to reorder them before our cruise since I have to do a name change afterwards anyways. My concern is this, there are carnival tours that go into Canada that say that they require a passport - like some of the train tours. Is that true?? Thats one of the tours we wanted to do, and now not sure if we should?? Help!

Since you won't be on the ship going to Canada but on a train yes you definitely need a passport. Keep hunting, how long before you cruise?

Have a passport hunting party at your house look in bookcases places like that.

You will need those passports to take a cross border shore excursion; but you can board the cruise with just certified birth certificates and DLs since this is RT cruise from Seattle. good luck in finding the passports before too long, though.

Can't answer the question about needing the passport, but just some suggestions for where you could have put your passports:

under the mattress, sock drawer, luggage, make up case you use for traveling, shelf in closet, box with other important documents such as tax returns, box of family pictures, book shelves, jewelry box, shoe boxes, backpack you might use for traveling, junk drawer, family Bible, with a box of blank checks, with anything that you might have traveled with the last time that you used them.......

Also, pull out every dresser/chest drawer and check to see if they could have fallen out of a drawer behind or under the drawers. See if they fell behind the dressers or chests themselves or under one of them.

Archived