Carnival Cruise terminal parking

MOHAVE

I live in Las Vegas. I'm likely driving to the Carnival peir the morning of my first cruise and parking at the Carnival pier parking lot for the week.

Is it likely I will get parking? Is it easy parking and is it a safe place to park. I appreciate the help very much.

Are you leaving really early in the morning? We drive in the morning of our cruise when leaving from the Port of LA, but we're 50 miles away (and we usually are already on the road by 9:30 or 10am). Personally if I was coming from LV, after that kind of drive, even if I'm a passenger, I would be pooped out on the first day of the cruise.

Safe parking. Wonderful. That's what I wanted to hear.

I want to come in a day early and just bum around but that looks like it could become an expensive day. I'm still researching. Thanks everybody.

Hello,

I would definitely drive to Southern California the day before your cruise. I know that many like to drive to Southern California from Arizona and Nevada the day of their cruise and have no problems.

To me though this would be very stressful, as there are too many variables that can delay the drive....weather, road construction, accidents and so on.

There are many places to stay in Southern California that are very nice, just for one night. These are not tourist places but for one night it would be very reasonable. For example there is the Ontario Mills area where there are lots of reasonably priced but nice hotels, movies, restaurants and a visit to the Mills itself. The drive from here to the port is about an hour and a half.

Another very pleasant upscale area is Brea...nice places to stay, restaurants, a great shopping center. The drive from here to the port, is about an hour or a little less.

There are a lot of other places which would be nice for a precruise day and of course there is Santa Monica and the more expensive places.

We'll see. I'd love to knock around for a day but I can't see a 4.5 hour Saturday drive being stressful. I can spend the morning driving or spend it pacing the floor. I like driving and I don't even have to get up early. It's the week-end and it's interstate from my door to the pier.

We'll see. I'd love to knock around for a day but I can't see a 4.5 hour Saturday drive being stressful. I can spend the morning driving or spend it pacing the floor. I like driving and I don't even have to get up early. It's the week-end and it's interstate from my door to the pier.

Hello,

Mohave, I have driven this many times as we own a timeshare in Las Vegas. And we have been on 28 cruises to most parts of the world.

While I agree that Saturdays are the best days for the drive, you are still subject to delays. To me (just my opinion) it is well worth the $80 or less to stay the night in the LA area and not worry about any weather delays in the Cajon Pass or accidents on a freeway. What really helps in the LA area are the carpool lanes but you soundas if you are a solo traveler. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

I'm really just requesting parking garage information in this thread. Thanks for all the other help everybody but I have that information.

Thanks for asking the question. We were also looking for this information. Sometimes it is difficult to get a simple answer to the question asked.

Thanks for asking the question. We were also looking for this information. Sometimes it is difficult to get a simple answer to the question asked.

Yeah, I keep asking it but usually only seem to get something other than an answer. LOL

I live in Las Vegas. I'm likely driving to the Carnival peir the morning of my first cruise and parking at the Carnival pier parking lot for the week.

Is it likely I will get parking? Is it easy parking and is it a safe place to park. I appreciate the help very much.

Mohave

It is very likely you will get parking. It is a multi level parking structure and is very safe. The walk from your car to the terminal is very short. The porters are right there to take your bags. I think the parking fee is either $12 or $15, not sure, but you can google that.

Have a great cruise! :)

Toni

More detail- if you have lots of luggage and/or some of your party have mobility issues, don't enter the parking structure. Follow the good signage and circle counterclockwise around the outside of the structure. It's labeled Windsor and Queens on the aerial shot above. You can drop off bags and passengers at the curbside in front. Then continue on around, enter the parking structure, park, and take the elevator down.

Archived