Canned Fruit and the Positive Posse

cindilouwho

I absolutely, positively found Philip Herbert to be the best Hotel Director on the high seas! Stephania was the best Sommalier!

Anyone else got kudos for some of the folks who made your cruise experience outstanding?

I'm particualry happy with Tim and Jessica in reservations

They've been extremely helpful!

Numerous I've landed in their q and they have answered quite a few questions and Tim was the one that told me

about the b2b discount before I had a chance to ask

saving us another 800USD total for both cruises

Also, the Le Club Voyage was very helpful with information about my DH status on the 2nd leg of our B2B

on how we go about handling that fact that he will assume my Discoverer benefits

Don't say 'canned fruit', it scares me. A few years back we were on Princess and lo and behold, there was canned fruit in the buffet ( minus the cherries) and that was that. No more Princess for us!

So... does Azamara serve up canned fruit for real??

Don't say 'canned fruit', it scares me. A few years back we were on Princess and lo and behold, there was canned fruit in the buffet ( minus the cherries) and that was that. No more Princess for us!

So... does Azamara serve up canned fruit for real??

They did on Quest in February.

There has been canned fruit on Regent and Oceania as well. I like canned apricots. Of course there have been selections of fresh fruit as well and on Regent one can always order a bowl of raspberries or fresh berries.

There has been canned fruit on Regent and Oceania as well. I like canned apricots. Of course there have been selections of fresh fruit as well and on Regent one can always order a bowl of raspberries or fresh berries.

I can my own fruit and you will also find specialty canned fruit such as pears and cherries in brandy and other liqueurs at many fine restaraunts. They are certainly considered a delicacy.

Why wouldnt a cruise line serve them?

Agreed... canned fruit can be delicious. I am referring more to the tinned fruit variety where the grapes, diced pears and diced peaches are swimming in a sickly sweet syrup.

Which kind was on Quest and what kind of fruit in particular was it?

I absolutely, positively found Philip Herbert to be the best Hotel Director on the high seas! Stephania was the best Sommalier!

Anyone else got kudos for some of the folks who made your cruise experience outstanding?

Cindi,

I absolutely agree with you when in comes to Philip Herbert being the best Hotel Director on the high seas. We sailed last year on the Journey and he made us feel so comfortable and went out of his way to provide great service. Do you know if he is still with Azamara? We are sailing on the Quest in June and hope that he is part of the crew.

Pat

Hi acruisergirl,

Good news for you, Philip Herbert is still the Hotel Director on Quest when we left the ship in Rome on May 15. We agree Philip is the best, constantly moving around the ship with notebook in hand taking on board any suggestions that came his way.

Hi acruisergirl,

Good news for you, Philip Herbert is still the Hotel Director on Quest when we left the ship in Rome on May 15. We agree Philip is the best, constantly moving around the ship with notebook in hand taking on board any suggestions that came his way.

Hi Harryh,

Thanks for the good news. I remember that notebook because he jotted down a concern we had in it. He came back the next day, concern fixed.:)

I'll put my plug in for Heike Cramer, currently on the Journey, as the best hotel director! I have not had the pleasure of meeting Philip but we have sailed with Heike three times (once on the Quest, twice on the Journey). In our mind, she is the best.

So, given everyone's glowing recommendation of Philip, and our fabulous experiences with Heike, it sounds as though Azamara has the TWO best hotel directors on the high seas.

I also vote for Dale Gillings as the best bartender!

Sue

I'll put my plug in for Heike Cramer, currently on the Journey, as the best hotel director! I have not had the pleasure of meeting Philip but we have sailed with Heike three times (once on the Quest, twice on the Journey). In our mind, she is the best.

So, given everyone's glowing recommendation of Philip, and our fabulous experiences with Heike, it sounds as though Azamara has the TWO best hotel directors on the high seas.

I also vote for Dale Gillings as the best bartender!

Sue

So Sue - spend a lot of time with the BARTENDER did we??? ;) :p:rolleyes: :D

Couldn't agree more about Phillip and Stephania, part of a "great team" that makes you want to come back and sail on Azamara! So excited that Philip is on the Quest, we will be sailing on her to Asia, in Jan. Just hope Bankok isn't still an issue.

Lori

Philip we met on Century three years ago - complete with his notebook! He so impressed us then

We have never managed to sale on Azamara with him but hope to one day soon

We have sailed with Heike both on Summit and Quest - she is fantastic as well

Yes a big plus for Jonathon Fleming

and Ante the Restaurant Manager - a gentle giant and a lovely man

Cindi,

Always a good idea to be on good terms with a great bartender! We sailed with Dale twice and hope to sail with him again. Wonderful man.

I will be sure to try to find him on my sailing and I will have a drink for you!!!:D

Archived