San Juan Airport To The Port

seajay312

can someone tell me how much would it cost me to go from the san juan airport to the port by taxi. i'm trying to see if there is a significant difference between private taxi or van and transfers from the cruise line. thanks for your help.

You will definitely not pay $60 unless you get screwed. The cab fairs are suppose to be regulated. If you go to the taxi stand, they will tell you how much it is and usually write it down on a piece of paper for you. Of course, we didn't figure that out until after we left the airport. The driver charged us $16, plus a dollar for each of our bags. We had six of us in the taxi with all of our luggage and I think we gave him $25 or $30. The biggest problem with the transfers is dealing with the crowd of people getting on the bus, waiting for your luggage to be loaded etc. Everything is close enough to the airport, so I like taking a taxi better.

Now, if you are getting off the Adventure of the Seas and you have a pre-arranged pier to airport transfer, there is a good chance that you can check in with your airline at the pier just a few feet from where you get your bags. This was awesome. Just roll your bags through customs and drop them off immediately with the airline and get your boarding passes. This was available to United, U.S. Airways, and I think American Airlines.

Clubber is correct. Taxi fares from SJU to the port are regulated. You should go to the taxi stand and will be assigned a taxi and receive a written statement of charges. The fare is set and then there is minimal surcharges for additional riders. In October, it cost about $30 tip included for 4 of us.

Jay

Archived