Toulon-Cable car to Mt Faron-anyone done this?

Bobal

We are stopping in Toulon in July and would like to take the cable car from the town to Mount Faron. I've found some information about this by doing a web search but no details on how to get from the cruise port to the Cable Car. Has anyone done this? Is it walkable? Is there a bus or would it require a taxi journey? I've found the cable car on Googlemaps, but it's difficult to judge how easy it would be to get there by foot

Hi- we did the cable car on a Sunday a few years ago. Well, more accurately I did it- OH waited at the bottom! We got the bus easily to the cable car station, it was really quiet. Nothing at the station itself, but OH managed to find a hotel just up the road to have a drink while he waited. There is a nature reserve at the top, cafe, museum. To be honest I only went for the views so didn't venture too far from the cable station. Being Sunday, the bus service wasn't great, so rather than have a long wait, we went into the hotel and asked them to get a taxi for us, which they did with no problem. You can see the ship from the bus stop area, but it's quite a long way- about 15 minute bus ride. It was ok, but not memorable, much preferred the trip to Aix we'd done on a previous visit. Maybe if I'd explored the nature reserve a bit more I would have been more impressed.

kate

Archived