Singles cruise fare premium

mikeqm

I was looking at a cruise offered by a singles company. The difference in what the cruiseline was charging if I booked directly with them and what the singles company wants is about $500. This is for an inside cabin.

I find it absurd to pay that much more just to go to a few private parties???

Your thoughts...

I was looking at a cruise offered by a singles company. The difference in what the cruiseline was charging if I booked directly with them and what the singles company wants is about $500. This is for an inside cabin.

I find it absurd to pay that much more just to go to a few private parties???

Your thoughts...

I also find that it's not worth the price to book through a singles cruise company. I would rather search for a good fare for a cruise and pay the single supplement and have the room to myself than with a roommate that they put me with.

I'm sure that for some people there are some benefits to booking with a singles company. Like the parties, having sponsored meet and greets, arranged excursions that they could go on (for an additional fee of course) and no single supplement (of course the per person price is still more than you can book yourself).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am a fan of the hosted singles cruises.

Some of my friends that cruise a lot will book directly with the cruise company to get good discounted rates and then contact the hosted singles company to pay to be part of the group. It is usually about $250 a person that gets you 2-3 free drinks parties, special seating in the dining room, singles only excursions, and other theme parties. They also have onboard cruise directors to help with issues you may be dealing with onboard.

If you book with the singles company early, the price is usually better than with the cruise line itself since they book a block of rooms at a discounted price.

I am on a cruise in Feb and I am paying $20 more then if I had booked directly with Carnival because of the block discount. The $20 more includes the $250 to be part of the singles group.

Archived