Azura Questions

sallyruth

Hi

Im new to this forum! Im travelling on the Azura in a few months, am very excited! It is my first cruise and Im a bit clueless!!

Just a few questions to anyone that can help me. We have a spa package cabin, does this mean we can use the oasis pool free of charge and also the retreat area free of charge or will we have to pay extra for these and pre book? Im just not really sure how it works!

We have free on board credit, is this just added to your account? Also we have opted for the freedom dinning, what does this actually mean?!? sorry if these questions seem a bit stupid!

Thanks to anyone that can help

Hi

Im new to this forum! Im travelling on the Azura in a few months, am very excited! It is my first cruise and Im a bit clueless!!

Just a few questions to anyone that can help me. We have a spa package cabin, does this mean we can use the oasis pool free of charge and also the retreat area free of charge or will we have to pay extra for these and pre book? Im just not really sure how it works!

We have free on board credit, is this just added to your account? Also we have opted for the freedom dinning, what does this actually mean?!? sorry if these questions seem a bit stupid!

Thanks to anyone that can help

Hi

Reading the 2011 brochure you will be able to use the Oasis pool as part of your spa package and you get a certain number of half day passes included as part of your package (the actual number depends on the length of cruise).

Your on board credit (OBC) will be automatically applied to your onboard account and you'll be able to check your balance via the TV in your cabin.

Freedom dining means that you're not tied to a particular time for dinner, unlike Club Dining which is either 6.30pm or 8.30pm, and can eat at a time and table size to suit you.

Have a fabulous cruise:D

Debbie:)

I have never been on Azura but i have just returned from a med cruise on Ventura which is the sister ship to Azura and is pretty much identical , not sure about your first question regarding the spa but i would imagine that if you have got a spa package then theses things would be included in the price , as for your on board credit this is automatically added to your account and you can keep tabs on your account and your spending on your interactive tv in your cabin .We were also on freedom dining on Ventura and it works really well, you just turn up at the restaurant any time you want and if you are prepared to share ( usually a table for eight ) then you are seated straight away , we found this a good way to meet fellow passengers , it is a bit dauting at first but you soon get use to it , of course if you prefer a table for two then you can request one and if one is not available straight away then they will give you a pager and you can go off for a drink somewhere and they will page you when your table is ready , we did this a couple of times and the longest we ever had to wait was 10 minutes , the food and service is top class and i am sure you will love it .Ventura was a fantastic ship and we loved every minute on board and i am sure Azura is every bit as good if not better , enjoy the cruise.

OBC should be on your account when you board. Take all your paperwork so if it is missing you can call reception to get it added.

You should get all the spa info in your cabin. Just ensure if you book anything which needs apying for you check the price before you have it done.

My wife booked a £30 treatment on Ventura and £70 appeared on our account. It took 2 days to sort a refund - the spa is a franchise and they were pretty useless - for the whole hour they tried to sell products to my wife.

One night while eating dinner we were discussing the spa and someone had booked a full spa day, on turning up the spa had no booking for her.

• 1 month later...

I have had issues with the spa on other ships. Always check you bill as they charged me twice for a treatment. Also they have charged me full when there was an offer on, so pays to check.

The selling of their products is a bit of a pain sometimes. Just when you are relaxed they try and sell you some stuff that costs more than your treatment. On my last cruise the explanation for some sort of oil rub thing they were trying to sell me was "The massage removed the acid from your muscles, but to keep it neutralised you need this oil that is alkali which neutralises any new acid". I assume they get commission for selling these products.

Don’t get me wrong I think the spa is great, but check you bill and be prepared for some sales patter.

Hello sallyruth!

I too have just booked a spa package for our next cruise in February on the Azura.

I received a letter from P&O asking if I was interested in a spa stateroom package after my initial booking. As my hubbie hates the spa I have taken up the offer just for me.

I have just received confirmation that it will give me 6 half day passes to the spa retreat ( 14 day cruise) and lots of extras. These include spa intro, champagne evening, priority booking, fruit in the suite, etc and 2 free spa treatments.

I am really looking forward to the Spa as enjoy being pampered on holiday.

Hope this helps and have a fantastic cruise!

Iceandaslice

Archived