RCI survey about ports

Just wondering....any cruise ships sail to Martinique these days? I haven't been there in awhile but thought it had a nice downtown area years ago.

As far as ports are concerned, I think it's a good idea for all the cruise lines to look at other options in regards to the ports on their itineraries.

Maybe Royal is looking ahead to the future when even new cruisers get tired of going to the same places. As it stands now, the Oasis class is limited to where it can go, so even if Oasis got you into cruising, you're probably not going to jump on it 5 or 6 times to go to the same places. If they offer better places to go on the other ships, then maybe they can keep them loyal.

I just received and answered a survey from RCI about ports of call on my Voyager cruise in Feb. After I rated the ports of call from this cruise, I was asked to indicate the 3 areas I would most like to cruise in the future. After indicating east, west and southern Caribbean, I was asked to rate my interest in just about all possible Caribbean ports...dozens of them. I hope this means RCI is considering changing up their Caribbean itineraries instead of repeatedly going to the same old, same old. How exciting that would be! How many others have taken this survey?

Got the same thing this morning and had the same reaction. Lets keep our fingers crossed!!

I received this survey, too, this morning, based on our Feb cruise on Adventure. We were asked to rate/comment on the ports of call for that cruise, and to pick 3 areas we'd like to cruise in the future.

Based on the areas we picked we were asked to comment on ports in those areas. Middle East, Panama Canal & western med.

I told them we had booked our PC cruise with HAL because of availability when we want to go and length of cruise.

I also said we take our World Cruise on RCCL if they offered one! One of the smaller ships, Vision class, would be good ... but we will have to look elsewhere for that cruise. They have about a year-and-a-half before we book!

I received this survey, too, this morning, based on our Feb cruise on Adventure. We were asked to rate/comment on the ports of call for that cruise, and to pick 3 areas we'd like to cruise in the future.

Based on the areas we picked we were asked to comment on ports in those areas. Middle East, Panama Canal & western med.

I told them we had booked our PC cruise with HAL because of availability when we want to go and length of cruise.

I also said we take our World Cruise on RCCL if they offered one! One of the smaller ships, Vision class, would be good ... but we will have to look elsewhere for that cruise. They have about a year-and-a-half before we book!

I want to do a world cruise on Crystal! I think that would be amazing.

Just wondering....any cruise ships sail to Martinique these days? I haven't been there in awhile but thought it had a nice downtown area years ago.

As far as ports are concerned, I think it's a good idea for all the cruise lines to look at other options in regards to the ports on their itineraries.

Maybe Royal is looking ahead to the future when even new cruisers get tired of going to the same places. As it stands now, the Oasis class is limited to where it can go, so even if Oasis got you into cruising, you're probably not going to jump on it 5 or 6 times to go to the same places. If they offer better places to go on the other ships, then maybe they can keep them loyal.

I have not seen or heard of a cruise doing Martinique in years! I would love to go there.

I got my first one. It asked about my Voyager cruise on, and I'm not sure, 040488. I marked the answer " did not sail on that cruise". The next thing I konw is a page popped up "saying thanks for taking the survey". Did anybody have this happen, or did I misread the survey?

Yes, I got the same thing yesterday for our January cruise on the Navigator. Mine was dated something in '99, so I said no, too.

I received the same questionnaire yesterday. I thought that it was a good thing as they appeared to be thinking about additional ports of call. I love to cruise but would like to see some different ports too. The ship really is the real destinination but but it would be cool to see other places. 'Really love St Thomas, St Martin and Grand Cayman, but have not experienced the other islands. I hope they will take the input and expand the ports of call:)

I received a survey regarding our recent cruise on Mariner in March. The date they listed seemed wacky, but I said sure...I sailed on the Mariner recently so I completed the survey.

There were a lot of questions regarding each port and to rate them in order of preference. I was asked to choose 3 future destinations and rate possible ports I would like to visit on those itineraries.

I was also asked my opinion on many other ports here on the West Coast...:D i.e. Ensenada,(ugh, no thanks) Catalina, Astoria, Monterey, San Francisco, San Diego, and lots of Mexican ports I have never heard of.

I kept wondering to myself..."Why are they even bothering to ask my opinion, when they have already decided to remove the Mariner??" oh well, maybe they will reconsider their poor decision..... :rolleyes:

Considering the volcano related disruptions throughout Europe, I think RCI may be sorry they decided to relocate so many ships to the Med. Sea...and with all the political unrest in Greece....its not a good time to be trying to fly to Europe this summer. imho.

Interestingly, they never asked any questions about Seattle....go figure?

Archived