Dumb question - hangars? Do they supply them or should we bring them?

Set Free

Yes, there are hangers. Nice ones. And if you find you don't have enough, ask the room steward for more.

Cool beans! One less thing to worry about. :)

I have to say that this board has been amazing for finding out information. I feel so prepared for the cruise just from everything I've learned here! Still more than 2 weeks and I have my "medicine cabinet" all set, my "comfortable living" stuff set (my fan, nightlights, walkie talkies, power strip, air freshner, refillable water bottles, etc.) and know just what I'm doing for shoes and formal wear. My regular clothes are easy to pack but I know just what I'll need so I feel really ready!

I always bring additional hangers, particularly skirt/pants clip hangers. There are never enough (for me), and there may not be enough "extras" and the ones they provide are so nice and thick they take up a lot of closet space so if you have a lot of hanging items, you may want to squeeze a bit more room in the closet with smaller, more narrow ones.

I remember one ship (known for its exemplary service - ha!) asking for additional hangers and they gave me 3. I needed at least a dozen of them, but figured it would be fruitless to keep asking. Plus they were so big and heavy that only a few more of them filled up the whole hanging space.

So it depends on how many you need and probably how long the cruise. This is also something if you have the time in your embarkation port to pick up before you board at a cheap variety or 99 cent store.

... power strip, ...
HAL doesn't want people using their own power strips anymore. First ask you steward for one, or at the front desk, and if they're all out of the "approved" ones, then ask your steward about using your own.

If any of the things you intend to plug in can take 220v (e.g. chargers for laptops or many other devices) a simple plug adapter will allow you to use that side of the outlet.

Just returned from a 10 day cruise on the Noordam. Lots of hangers that included clips for hanging skirts and pants and regular pants hangers. Always add a few of my own in each suitcase. Glad I did, all our shirts, shells, blouses were hung on hangers, nothing was left to place on a shelf. Most of the wrinkles came out because I hung them up.

Enjoy your cruise, we did!

fireflygal

OK - So what I'll do is bring most things that I get dry cleaned ahead of time on their hangars and in the bags and then toss in a few more wire hangars. The wire hangars don't take up a lot of room and I can leave them in the bag if I need to. 10 of them would be plenty and would be minimal in space.

Thanks!

I also take my own wire ones. Although HAL is very good about getting you extra hangars if you need them, theirs are thick wooden ones. I like to hang our tops, slacks, and my dresses and don't have enough room if they are all on HAL's lovely wooden hangars. Also, I don't like wet clothes on wood, so theirs don't work for items I've washed that need to finish air drying, or for things like my beach wrap.

I find the wire ones don't take up much room in my luggage and I am always glad I took them. I also take a package of plastic clothes pegs for hanging the slacks, items I've hand washed in the bathroom sink, etc.

Everyone has their own likes, and wire hangars are one of mine. Enjoy.:)

I always take 2 cheap plastic hangers that I use to hang up hand washed clothes.

I asked for more hangers on one cruise and was given........heaps of them. So many that I sent most of them away.

You don't need to worry about running short of hangers.

Archived