Banned List - call from Carnival

Ambrosia64

Why does every word and sentence in the contract have to be picked apart.The only area that needs fixed is the people who screen what is taken on.If the cords are frayed or the item is ancient ,confiscate it ,if it looks all in one piece and safe let it go through.Screeners need to use common sense.Carnival will have to spell it out for them,maybe use pictures.

Mach ,:D Don't let this stuff get next to you ;).

Your a very informative person and CC is fortunate to have you as a HOST.:D

Yeah, I know but it's driving me nuts!!

I looked back and I've posted the same information 17 times now in four different threads and either folks refuse to read it or refuse to understand it.

I'm thinking that beating my head against a wall would be more productive...

:rolleyes:

We are the reason contracts are so darn long and detailed now. Does Carnival (or any company for that matter) need to spell out in excruciating detail every possible item you may not bring as well as every policy regarding conduct? At what point does common sense enter the equation?

The answer is simple... law suits...

There is no such thing as common sense any more. When I was doing a lot of sky diving we got sued by a guy who claimed that he didn't know that he could get hurt jumping out of an airplane... same kind of lack of logic applies here...

There is no such thing as common sense any more. When I was doing a lot of sky diving we got sued by a guy who claimed that he didn't know that he could get hurt jumping out of an airplane... same kind of lack of logic applies here...

and he probably won....:eek:

Common sense???

where do you think you are?

LMAO

:p

Yeah, I forgot for a moment. Thanks for the reminder.:)

True. Of course once those filing frivolous lawsuits are forced to pay, hopefully that will get better. When we bought our house, the lawyer showed us the first contract he ever drew up (from the late 1950s). It was one page!!:D

I usually read this stuff and take it with a grain of salt and move on, but every service company has these long contracts, they are all vague. You either follow the rules or you don't. You cannot blame Carnival for their rules. Rules are a way of life, so get over it.

Mach you are a saint.

I'm an imposter? What is wrong with you people? I'll be happy to forward the email string to Mach if he asked - I cut and pasted what he asked for.

Oh wow.As of last week this was all settled.Sounds like someone has their wires crossed.

Poor Mach,this is never going to go away.Pretty official coming from the "big guys".Fans,power cords etc are allowed as long as they are in good working order and not abused.We even got our higher wattage hair dryers back.

I think the person that told you all this is an "imposter".Check up on him.This is going on way to long.

I plan on taking a copy of the "list".

Where has anyone asked to bring either of those items?

Why, this is an OUTRAGE !! What do you mean I can't bring my:

• Explosives or explosive component parts, (i.e., detonators)

• Fireworks or pyrotechnics

How many fires have ever been started by a power strip in a cabin? In fact, where has there been any electrical fire started by a passenger in a cabin? They allow smoking in the cabin for goodness sakes!

Carnival has a right to do whatever they need to in the interest of safety whether you understand the reasoning behind it or not. They dont owe you anything just because you jump up and down, throw a tantrum and threaten (or promise) to spend your vacation dollars elsewhere.

Just think if something WERE to happen, a fire, or what not.. from the looks of it, YOU would be the first one in line to sue them for alleged "negligence" because "they should have done something to eliminate the fire risk !" You are already calling this "harrassment" and nothing has even happened to you. !

Why call employees "rent a cops"? they are just doing their job !

Being told contradictory information from employees of the same company when it comes to a multi thousand dollar purchase is not 'whining'.

I'm well aware you follow their rules or don't go on their ships. I'm trying to determine exactly what those rules are - the problem is THEY give information that is in direct conflict.

Carnival can do whatever they want. If you don't like it move on. Same thing when you go to a hotel. Its not your place. At your home plug in anything you want and smuggle all the booze you want.

I have never read a site that has so many whiners. If you are trying to prove something have fun because you are not going to get very far. Have a nice cruise.:rolleyes: The board should start a whining club.

The problem is the screeners don't use common sense and Carnival is failing in educating their staff - the website says one thing - Carnival is telling Mach one thing - and they are telling me something entirely different in email and on phone.

Why does every word and sentence in the contract have to be picked apart.The only area that needs fixed is the people who screen what is taken on.If the cords are frayed or the item is ancient ,confiscate it ,if it looks all in one piece and safe let it go through.Screeners need to use common sense.Carnival will have to spell it out for them,maybe use pictures.

I appreciate what you do and what you posted. Unfortunately Carnival reps aren't saying the say thing you are. And no doubt the folks at the pier are not going to abide what Mach on cruisecritic says either.

Yeah, I know but it's driving me nuts!!

I looked back and I've posted the same information 17 times now in four different threads and either folks refuse to read it or refuse to understand it.

I'm thinking that beating my head against a wall would be more productive...

I appreciate what you do and what you posted. Unfortunately Carnival reps aren't saying the say thing you are. And no doubt the folks at the pier are not going to abide what Mach on cruisecritic says either.

We're working to make sure that the CORRECT information is out to all of the land side security folks that screen bags.

I'll try to keep up with this and keep y'all informed.

Mach - I edited out my personal info and forwarded you the entire email string.

A lot has been posted here - of course most of it is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I have not asked to take explosives onboard :rolleyes:

Nobody asked to take a microwave, grill, etc. :rolleyes:

There are valid reasons for needing more than one plug on a 7 day cruise.

There are valid reasons to need a small portable electric fan.

The fan is a for a friend, he has minor apnea now after he had the surgery, but absolutely can't sleep without it and takes it all over the world with him - it's enough for him to not go on Carnival.

My fiancee uses a CPAP machine, which he plugs into an extension cord or power strip - it's an expensive piece of machinery and insurance won't cover replacing if a power surge fries it.

A power strip with a surge protector is safer than an extension cord.

I have read one thing on their website, I have read another here on CC, been told another in email and on phone by their staff. If their own people can't keep it straight, how can they expect passengers to?

I have not said they don't have the right to make the rules on their ships, nor that I wouldn't follow their rules on this.

I said if they expect me to live up to my end of a contract then the contract needs to be clear on what my end of it is. Then I can decide if I want to enter into a contract with them or not.

And confiscation of personal property - as cheap as a fan or as expensive as a laptop or camera is not 'no big deal' and 'whining'.

But I can see that Cruise Critic hasn't changed much - mob mentality and cruiseline cheerleaders rule.

I'll check with Carnival right before final payment, if they haven't clarified things and changed some of what is prohibited - we'll just do a different vacation.

No, he lost but it would have been cheaper for us to settle...

lets not jump to some conclusion that the evil corporation is out to get ya

They ARE out to get me...the voices in my head told me so! :p

Seriously folks...I hope it just comes down to the fact that they are confiscating power strips/extension cords, curling irons, etc that have cords which are frayed, cracked, worn looking...those do pose a serious fire hazard and should not be allowed on board.

A lot has been posted here - of course most of it is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

The fan is a for a friend, he has minor apnea now after he had the surgery, but absolutely can't sleep without it and takes it all over the world with him - it's enough for him to not go on Carnival.

My fiancee uses a CPAP machine, which he plugs into an extension cord or power strip - it's an expensive piece of machinery and insurance won't cover replacing if a power surge fries it.

I have read one thing on their website, I have read another here on CC, been told another in email and on phone by their staff. If their own people can't keep it straight, how can they expect passengers to?

I have not said they don't have the right to make the rules on their ships, nor that I wouldn't follow their rules on this.

I said if they expect me to live up to my end of a contract then the contract needs to be clear on what my end of it is. Then I can decide if I want to enter into a contract with them or not.

And confiscation of personal property - as cheap as a fan or as expensive as a laptop or camera is not 'no big deal' and 'whining'.

But I can see that Cruise Critic hasn't changed much - mob mentality and cruiseline cheerleaders rule.

I'll check with Carnival right before final payment, if they haven't clarified things and changed some of what is prohibited - we'll just do a different vacation.

I'm sorry you're disappointed in Cruise Critic but I can't control what others post, only what I post.

Have missed or ignored the many many many postings concerning exceptions for medical requirements?

Laptops and cameras are NOT forbidden.

No I haven't - he can bring his CPAP machine but he can not bring a power strip for it.

The rules don't say they are permitted, they said they are permitted if 'used with due caution' - which nobody is able to define.

Have missed or ignored the many many many postings concerning exceptions for medical requirements?

Laptops and cameras are NOT forbidden.

If the rules said that - no problem - I don't use any electronics that are in that condition. But the rules do not say that. They can't even get what they are telling Mach, what the website says, and what the reps at HQ say to all agree.

They ARE out to get me...the voices in my head told me so! :p

Seriously folks...I hope it just comes down to the fact that they are confiscating power strips/extension cords, curling irons, etc that have cords which are frayed, cracked, worn looking...those do pose a serious fire hazard and should not be allowed on board.

Archived