Question for recent Solstice cruisers (entertainment)?

4totravel

We will be on the solstice at the end of June.

What are the current shows in the theatre?

How are the bands in the lounges and at the pool?

I've heard there is a good guitar player, where does he usually play?

Thanks for the feedback.

We will be on the solstice at the end of June.

What are the current shows in the theatre?

How are the bands in the lounges and at the pool?

I've heard there is a good guitar player, where does he usually play?

Thanks for the feedback.

Will Foraker Jazz Trio is very good.

Just off Solstice.. loved the guitar player. If you like, one guy, one guitar, acoustic, you'll like him. He played at Cafe al Bacio, the Ensemble Lounge, once on the pool deck, and in that central area on 3. Nice variety of songs as well... he played a lot of James Taylor, but then he mixed in new stuff every day. He totally made our cruise!

We did NOT like the main pool band, Sipra I think they were called. To us, they were like an Asian Karaoke bad wedding band. But... some people rave about thme... it's so subjective.

There was karoake twice on our cruise (Western) and a Latin dance deck party that was quite fun. Overall, the evenings were better than I expected (I had read alot about slow evenings)

Great ship!! You will enjoy.

We absolutely LOVED Sipra. They could play anything. Production shows average...if you have seen one you have seen them all. Solstice the Show was pretty good. The trio in Michaels Club lounge very good also.

We did NOT like the main pool band, Sipra I think they were called. To us, they were like an Asian Karaoke bad wedding band.

I completely agree with this.

Otherwise, we loved Will Foraker and thought the production shows were OK--not bad, but nothing to write home about.

I completely agree with this.

Otherwise, we loved Will Foraker and thought the production shows were OK--not bad, but nothing to write home about.

I am surprised so many seemed not to like Sipra. Everyone we talked to on our cruise loved them, especially on 70's night. Maybe we like them because we are old farts.

• 2 weeks later...
Will Foraker Jazz Trio is very good.

Hi Texkan, how are things going in Texas? We miss going to the lobby to hear Will and everything else about the Solstice, especially the good friends we met.

What was the name of the band that had 2 girl singers. One was a little Asian girl that had a fantastic voice? We heard them in many places on the ship and late evenings they were in the Sky lounge.

You must be busy getting ready for the next cruise. I wish we could make that one, but Ken is planning something with his class reunion pals for next year. I know you will have a great time.

Say hi to Bill and the rest of the gang.

Just off Solstice...We did NOT like the main pool band, Sipra I think they were called. To us, they were like an Asian Karaoke bad wedding band. But... some people rave about thme... it's so subjective.

Personally, I would like to see them completely eliminate music in the pool area. Rarely are they ever going to play (either live band or DJ) music that will appeal to most. Nowadays most people have IPODs. For me I go to the pool area to relax. If I want music I bring my IPOD and listen to what I prefer. Just my opinion.

Just off Equinox... considered entertainment one of the only lame parts of the boat. It seemed geared toward the 50+ crowd (or higher) and it felt like 90% of the boat was in bed by 9pm anyway.

To be honest I'm not really sure what entertainment would get my attention. Surely not a "clean" comedian or some bad lounge singing... and certainly not dancing with the grandparents. (no disrespect intended)

My in-laws on the other hand did venture out to some of the acts but I heard no rave reviews. They thought Solstice a year prior had much better entertainment.

Personally, I would like to see them completely eliminate music in the pool area. Rarely are they ever going to play (either live band or DJ) music that will appeal to most. Nowadays most people have IPODs. For me I go to the pool area to relax. If I want music I bring my IPOD and listen to what I prefer. Just my opinion.

I'd probably agree, although I didn't mind the softer music in the solarium... it was quiet enough to cover up with an iDevice. Sometimes I actually enjoyed what they were playing in there.

Just outside by the pool they were streaming both bad 70s music and the music (louder) from the solarium. I don't know why they felt they had to play both at the same time in the same space - either a mistake or bad judgement. The poolside music was downright bad and too loud.

Hi,:).....music at the pool has become quite a topic. You prefer no

music at all while other folks want the bands to play longer sets.

I guess this is like anything else....what some passengers love

others don't like at all:eek:

Archived