OMG... Early Saver! How OBSESSED do you become???

I checked' date=' my category is already SOLD OUT and we don't sail 'til 3-3-11. :eek: So I save my time for things that might happen, like an OBC. That is IF I ever get one. :mad: Never had one in 19 cruises.

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

How can you tell if your category is sold out?

How can you tell if your category is sold out?

When you pretend to book your cruise, then you click on the category tab to show alll the categories (or edit), and your category doesnt show ...its sold out.

For instance 1A, 4A and PTs, the cheapest cabins often sell out early. Also, 6A and 8A, the cheapest of those type categories.

So if I book a PT, and it sells out I can't get price drops from other categories. But can I request to be upgraded to higher categories with drops? Also then am I able to get any further drops from that new category.

Also how do I prove the price dropped, do they need to receive my request while it is dropped or do I print the screen?

Thanks.

So if you booked thru the "early saver" program, are you still eligible for a price drop? Don't they have to rebook your cruise so to speak for a person to get the lower price. If so, wouldn't an early saver customer lose their deposit since its non-refundable? Just curious here. Just sent an email to my PVP & he's going to call me within the hour...he has a meeting right now. There are drops on both cabins we booked (around $30 -$40.

First cruise. Booked ES in April of 09. Have had 2 drops for a total OBC of $252. No upgrades for me, NOT giving up my cove! lol

7C has been sold out for over a month, but other sales and such have had a few pop open as people upgrade. Tough to catch so I tend to check every time I log on and then again as I log off. There are about 5 or 6 of us in coves on our roll call so we all tend to look out for each other as well by posting when we catch one open for a price check.

Dumb question here. I guess I need a FAQ for this. I have 4 in my cabin, 2 adults and 2 kids. My rate shows just a lump sum. So what is my rate? It doesn't seem to be broken down anywhere.

You should see 3/4 passenger rate as well as 1/2 passenger rate on the left hand side of the screen as you proceed with the booking. If you've already booked, you can go to your cruise details...not quite sure where it is, but you should be able to find it..I know I've seen it there.

found it... you will have to have your booking number..go to 'manage my cruises'.. once your booking number is loaded into the manager, you can access all the info you need.

So if you booked thru the "early saver" program, are you still eligible for a price drop? Don't they have to rebook your cruise so to speak for a person to get the lower price. If so, wouldn't an early saver customer lose their deposit since its non-refundable? Just curious here. Just sent an email to my PVP & he's going to call me within the hour...he has a meeting right now. There are drops on both cabins we booked (around $30 -$40.

Yes you would be eligible for the price drop and you do not have to cancel and rebook the cruise. There is a form on carnivals website, you fill it out and electronically send it to them, the will send you an email saying they are reviewing it and will get back to you in three days. Simple form, quick repsonse and they credited my balance the total of my price drop If final pmt has already been made you will get an on board credit.

Got it! Just got an email saying my form was approved. Logged in and checked, and my balance is $100 lower!

Ok, I wasn't obsessed before, but I am now! I will definitely check more often. Thanks so much CC - I wouldn't have even known about this!!

Got it! Just got an email saying my form was approved. Logged in and checked, and my balance is $100 lower!

Ok, I wasn't obsessed before, but I am now! I will definitely check more often. Thanks so much CC - I wouldn't have even known about this!!

Congrats :)

OK I am new at this too, so please help. I see on the carnival website where the inside room price has dropped, but the outside room price has actually gone up. I booked an outside room, for less than the current price. But how can I tell if the rates online are the same cabin category as the room I booked? (I have already paid the room in full btw.)

Here is the link I am checking:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Search2/Default.aspx?src=ms

Should I be checking somewhere else? Once I establish the price has actually dropped, what do I do to get the OBC? What is the best procedure here for all of this?

Thanks for the advice!

OK I am new at this too, so please help. I see on the carnival website where the inside room price has dropped, but the outside room price has actually gone up. I booked an outside room, for less than the current price. But how can I tell if the rates online are the same cabin category as the room I booked? (I have already paid the room in full btw.)

Should I be checking somewhere else? Once I establish the price has actually dropped, what do I do to get the OBC? What is the best procedure here for all of this?

Thanks for the advice!

What did you book? A 4b, 4c? There will be the cabin type and catagory next to the price.. Lets say you booked a 4B and that price dropped from what you originally paid, you can take the OBC if you are paid in full, if not paid in full your balance will drop..

If there is an upgrade from 4A to a 4B you can take that price if it is lower as well.. Pay attention to what you booked..Also, if you are a past guest you can check those rates..

Thanks for the advice!

What did you book? A 4b, 4c? There will be the cabin type and catagory next to the price.. Lets say you booked a 4B and that price dropped from what you originally paid, you can take the OBC if you are paid in full, if not paid in full your balance will drop..

If there is an upgrade from 4A to a 4B you can take that price if it is lower as well.. Pay attention to what you booked..Also, if you are a past guest you can check those rates..

Well, we know the maggeye booked a 6A or higher?

maggeye, when you find the OVs, then click on the tab for categorys so you can see all the categorys....and find yours. You can also use the edit button.

Im guessing you don't know what category you booked, since you just say outside .. if you know your cabin #, you can look on the deck plans and it will say the category, or call whomever you booked with to find out what you booked.

Hey everyone....

Love reading about everyone getting OBC's and price reductions. I do have a question that perhaps, you veteran cruisers, will be able to answer for me.

We are booked for sail on July 9, 2011. As of now, we only have 2 of the 4 with deposits already paid and the other 2 other deposits are being paid in June and July.

My question is this:

1. Should I begin to start looking for price reductions based on 2 or 4 people.

2. Would price reductions already appear for a cruise that far out in advance.

Also, I know there has to be a simple, clear way of checking price reductions. The whole concept is not clicking with me. Newbie in me. LOL

I appreciate any/all information you can shed on this topic!

Thanks, Happy Sailiing!! :-)

Hey everyone....

Love reading about everyone getting OBC's and price reductions. I do have a question that perhaps, you veteran cruisers, will be able to answer for me.

We are booked for sail on July 9, 2011. As of now, we only have 2 of the 4 with deposits already paid and the other 2 other deposits are being paid in June and July. )

So, you have a quad booked with only two booked into it?? Are the other two people TBA or how is this booked. I assume you booked ES?

If only two people are booked you can price match to the same category for 2 people (unless you did the other two as TBA, then check for 4), until the other 2 get booked, then you will need to price match for a quad. Its usual to see price drops that far out... but they happen, just not as often.

Just pretend to book the same cruise and see what prices come up and if they are lower than you paid, you can get a price drop... at least until final payment..without more details thats alll we can say.

Hey there, thanks so much for the quick reply.

To answer your questions:

* Yes we book Early Saver

* The other two people are committed they just have to round up their deposits and get them in, will be totally "deposited" by the end of July for 4 people.

* When I try to do a "fake" booking, the system informs me that there are no more staterooms for the 2 people at this point, but allows me to check for 4. Would this be an indication that the rooms for 2 are already booked and no price drops would be happening?

I know there are alot of questions to be answered but couldn't really find any source to really break it down by scenario.

Again, I truly appreciate any/all info.

TIA!!! :D

So, you have a quad booked with only two booked into it?? Are the other two people TBA or how is this booked. I assume you booked ES?

If only two people are booked you can price match to the same category for 2 people (unless you did the other two as TBA, then check for 4), until the other 2 get booked, then you will need to price match for a quad. Its usual to see price drops that far out... but they happen, just not as often.

Just pretend to book the same cruise and see what prices come up and if they are lower than you paid, you can get a price drop... at least until final payment..without more details thats alll we can say.

I would also try booking on a TA site that allows you to click thru and see cabins and categories and different prices. Carnival's site has been glitchy lately.

You didnt say if you booked a quad or not.. the cabin has to hold 4 people to add 2 more, so Im just making sure you can add the other two. Im also not sure from your answer if the other two are TBA or how you held space for them.

Id probably just start checking the price of quads for 4 since that is safe to assume soon you will for sure have 4 in the cabin. Once you have 4 booked you cant price match to a cabin that only holds 2 either (which usually comes up when the first two pax rates drop and the 3/4 go up). Has to be the total amount of the booking for all people.

I would also try booking on a TA site that allows you to click thru and see cabins and categories and different prices. Carnival's site has been glitchy lately.

You didnt say if you booked a quad or not.. the cabin has to hold 4 people to add 2 more, so Im just making sure you can add the other two. Im also not sure from your answer if the other two are TBA or how you held space for them.

Id probably just start checking the price of quads for 4 since that is safe to assume soon you will for sure have 4 in the cabin. Once you have 4 booked you cant price match to a cabin that only holds 2 either (which usually comes up when the first two pax rates drop and the 3/4 go up). Has to be the total amount of the booking for all people.

Sorry about that...

When I put the money down on the second deposit, I inquired to my PVP about the 3rd and 4th person. He said that when the 2nd deposit was made it still made us in a 2 person stateroom....when the 3rd deposit is made, it will kick us up to a 4 person room. So I am guessing here, that my PVP will get us into a 4 person stateroom.

Yes, I agree the Carnival site has been not acting quite right here lately.

BTW, any recommendations on what TA site to check with?

Sorry about that...

When I put the money down on the second deposit, I inquired to my PVP about the 3rd and 4th person. He said that when the 2nd deposit was made it still made us in a 2 person stateroom....when the 3rd deposit is made, it will kick us up to a 4 person room. So I am guessing here, that my PVP will get us into a 4 person stateroom.

Yes, I agree the Carnival site has been not acting quite right here lately.

BTW, any recommendations on what TA site to check with?

We cant mention any TA sites on CC, so unfortunately I cant recommend any lol.

That seems like a pain, to book one cabin and then have to have your PVP change cabins. I guess I would have waited until I could book the cabin we would be in. Your price isnt locked in if you have to change cabins. Requires a supervisor if you need to downgrade ... but Im sure you were anxious to book.

You talk as if it would be a automatic bump up to another cabin with ES, but since you have to pick a cabin in the first place and sounds like you picked a cabin for only 2 ...going to require a lot of work for your PVP but Im sure they are more than willing to get it changed when the other two book.

Too bad you couldnt just book a quad in the first place. I wouldnt even bother checking prices until you know what cabin and category you will be in. Hopefully it will be the same category you are now in, so your price you paid is held.

We cant mention any TA sites on CC, so unfortunately I cant recommend any lol.

That seems like a pain, to book one cabin and then have to have your PVP change cabins. I guess I would have waited until I could book the cabin we would be in. Your price isnt locked in if you have to change cabins. Requires a supervisor if you need to downgrade ... but Im sure you were anxious to book.

You talk as if it would be a automatic bump up to another cabin with ES, but since you have to pick a cabin in the first place and sounds like you picked a cabin for only 2 ...going to require a lot of work for your PVP but Im sure they are more than willing to get it changed when the other two book.

Too bad you couldnt just book a quad in the first place. I wouldnt even bother checking prices until you know what cabin and category you will be in. Hopefully it will be the same category you are now in, so your price you paid is held.

Thanks so much for the info. Yeah, I'm kinda with you, I don't know why the PVP didn't go ahead and book us into a quad room. Very strange. But, like you said, it will require additonal work on the PVP's part so perhaps they are familiar in getting it all switched over quickly or doesn't mind doing it or whatever reason.

So basically, don't worry about any type of price reductions until we are settled in with the 3rd person deposit and at which time, we are sure to be in a quad at that point. The deposit for the 3rd person will be completed and submitted by the end of June (but hopefully sooner).

I guess all this talk with price reductions, etc. has gotten me a little excited that perhaps what the final total that was quoted won't actually be the final price we will have to incur.

Archived