Charged for Insurance even though confirmation doesn't show it

This could totally be a fluke, but I wanted to post just in case it happened to someone else.

Booked the Oasis last night direct with RCCL. We did adjoining rooms, so 2 separate reservations linked. The agent asked if I wanted trip insurance and I declined on both. He gave me all the totals and confirmations numbers.

I received only one of the confirmations through my email and that one matched up with what he told me. I never received the other one last night, so I went online to check and make sure all was okay and I noticed that both of the reservations were $178 more expensive then what I had been quoted and what the 1 printed confirmation I received had listed.

I called to see why and where my other confirmation was. The agent stated that the insurance had been added even though my written confirmation did not show it and I expressly declined it. No biggie since I caught it, but I wanted to let others know to double check your online information.

Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday. I booked two seperate reservations and on 1 of them had the cruisecare insurance added for $59 apiece. The CVP who took my reservation sounded like he was in a rush and didn't even ask me about adding insurance. So whats up with the planners just adding on the insurance at their own will?:confused:

So what did you do about the added insurance? Did you just ask the rep to remove it from your reservation?

Yeah the same thing happened to me yesterday. I booked two seperate reservations and on 1 of them had the cruisecare insurance added for $59 apiece. The CVP who took my reservation sounded like he was in a rush and didn't even ask me about adding insurance. So whats up with the planners just adding on the insurance at their own will?:confused:

So what did you do about the added insurance? Did you just ask the rep to remove it from your reservation?

Yep...the rep said they removed it. I will check online tomorrow to see.

This happened to me only in reverse....I wanted the insurance and it was declined.

I've never heard of that before? Was it insurance directly through RCCL or through another company? Why did they decline to issue it?

Happened to us also for our dec. cruise. Booked with a cvp and wrote down the final price after deposit, knew it would take a day or so to show up on the vac. planner. It showed up and the amount due was more than what I wrote down so I subtracted to get the difference and called RC. Yep, they charged us for insurance, but the cvp removed it right away while I was on the phone. So the balance due is correct now.

When I made my reservation earlier this week directly with RC the agent told me the insurance option would show up on my invoice but I could decline it when I make final payment. Guess we just have to pay attention when we make final payment how much we're paying and making sure the insurance isnt included.

When I made my reservation earlier this week directly with RC the agent told me the insurance option would show up on my invoice but I could decline it when I make final payment. Guess we just have to pay attention when we make final payment how much we're paying and making sure the insurance isnt included.

Just be thankful you're not on DCL. They automatically add airport transfers as well when you book.

I've never heard of that before? Was it insurance directly through RCCL or through another company? Why did they decline to issue it?

It was a last minute booking inside final. When I got my invoice it wasn't on there, so I called and they told me it was declined......their mistake.

Yes it was RC direct.

Archived