Did your 6 year old like the Freedom of the sea

HI

I am thinking about a cruise on FOS. I have a 6 year old and was wondering what other kids have experience with this cruise. Was it Eastern or Western? My son is very social but is an only child. I would love for him to be able to have other kids to play with.

Thanks....

Our kids are grown now, but we were just on the Freedom at the end of April. There were several kids there, and the kids program had them doing a little parade and they sang songs during one of the dinners. I would think that if your child is very social, he should have a blast in the kids program. There is also lots for him to do. He can try the rock climbing wall, or the flowrider if he's tall enough. They have boogie boards so he wouldn't have to stand up. There is also ice skating he can do. He should have a great time.

We are leaving on FOS this Sunday and will let you know when we return. Our DD is also six and also an only child so I am really hoping she will enjoy herself. We have been on the Roll Call board and have already met a few children her age that will be sailing with us so she is very excited to fInally get to meet them.

Thanks for the replies. We usually go see the mouse but this year DS seemed a little lost without some kids to hand out with. I thought a cruise would be better with the kids programs.

Thanks again!!!!

HI

I am thinking about a cruise on FOS. I have a 6 year old and was wondering what other kids have experience with this cruise. Was it Eastern or Western? My son is very social but is an only child. I would love for him to be able to have other kids to play with.

Thanks....

Your child is right at the age where we changed cruise lines, RCI from Disney. Disney can't be beat (except their poor medical services but that's another story) for children under 6. Older than that, RCI gets the nod.

We took our grandkids on the Freedom when they were 7, 6 and 5 years old respectively and they all loved the Adventure Ocean program. In fact my daughter was a bit put out when her 6 year old told her that she wanted to go to Adventure Ocean rather than go to the beach in Cozumel with her family. Needless to say she went with her family:D but I thought it was a clear indication of the quality of the kids program. We are waiting for our youngest grandchild to reach 3 and be fully potty trained so that we can comfortably take all five along with their parents on Allure or Oasis.

Two of the grandkids will be going on Liberty this coming November.:)

HI

Thanks....

I honestly can't imagine anyone of any age not liking a Freedom class ship! lol

Oh My Goodness YES!!! My DD was 6 when we went on Freedom in January (I also brought my 10 and 1 year olds). My girls continue to talk about how much they loved the cruise. In fact, we're going to Disney in a few months, but they say they'd give up Disney for another cruise! (I'm thinking they'll be glad they didn't once we cross over Mickey's threshold. ;) ) There are a ton of things to do - your son will not get bored.

I have a review with pictures in my signature - check it out. :)

My 5yo son loved the Liberty. In fact, he loves cruising so much that we asked him if he wanted to cruise again or go to Disney... He picked the cruise!

We went to Disney last year and all he wanted to do as go back to the condo and hang out in the pool.... gotta love it at 200 bucks to get into Disney!

Headed out this year on the Liberty and Freedom again, and DS can't wait! Neither can I!!!! 4 weeks!!!

When you board the ship, make sure you pack swimsuits in your carryon... it's disappointing for the little ones to see the H2O Zone and have to wait for luggage to appear.

We went on Freedom last year, my DD was 6 and my DS's were 9 and 11. We also went with my niece who was 6 and nephew who was 9. They all loved it! The little girls loved the H2O zone, mini golf, ice skating, they even did the rock climbing. My niece spent more time in AO than my daughter and she did the circus and pirate parade. My daughter is a little shy, so she didn't do those activities but loved the other AO programs. We did an Eastern Route. Coco Cay was a hit. We went to Coral World on our own by taxi in St. Thomas, that was fun. In St. Martin we did a tour which the adults enjoyed but the kids were a little bored, in hindsight should have just made it a beach day for them. We are going on the Liberty this summer and are counting down the days.

HI

Thanks....

Archived