Lima Hotel Day Rooms?

nanook21

This topic may have been covered elsewhere, but I'm going cross-eyed trying to find it. Both JHunterMartin and Greatam have given all of us great tips on the sights of Lima, Peru. Some of us on the roll call for the FLL-Lima sailing of Mariner in Jan/11 are looking for a day room in Lima (in a good district!) and possibly a tour/hotel combination, since our flights out of Lima aren't until 1:20 am. Does anyone have any suggestions of which hotels might offer day room rentals, from say 11:00 am until 9:00 pm? Or, maybe just a hotel we can book for a reasonable rate and have an early check-in as soon as we leave the Mariner in the am. Or a local tour company that can package something for us? THANKS!!!

Hello ~ Martha at savacations.com has been very helpful to me while planning our Peru pre-cruise trip. Not much in the way of reviews from the co. which is based out of FL. Good luck.

In my search for Lima hotel options, I found an interesting site that listed all the Lima hotels, the districts they are in, the star ratings, and info about each one, including room rates. Many of the hotels are 3 star and above, and rates range from $90 to over $300 per night for a double. I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to forget about trying to find a "day room" (the airport Ramada's rate for a day room is $90 for 6 hours from 10 am to 6 pm only), and just book a hotel for the night - as long as they allow earlier check-in. Even if early check-in isn't possible, many let you pre-check-in and store your luggage there until the room is ready. Anyway, that's what I'm going to start researching. If anyone is interested in the name of the website or some of the hotels, ask away and I'll respond.

In my search for Lima hotel options, I found an interesting site that listed all the Lima hotels, the districts they are in, the star ratings, and info about each one, including room rates. Many of the hotels are 3 star and above, and rates range from $90 to over $300 per night for a double. I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to forget about trying to find a "day room" (the airport Ramada's rate for a day room is $90 for 6 hours from 10 am to 6 pm only), and just book a hotel for the night - as long as they allow earlier check-in. Even if early check-in isn't possible, many let you pre-check-in and store your luggage there until the room is ready. Anyway, that's what I'm going to start researching. If anyone is interested in the name of the website or some of the hotels, ask away and I'll respond.

As someone who as spent extensive time in Lima/South America, I highly recommend San Antonio Abad hotel.

Book the amount of rooms you need (you will have to pay for the night-check out when you want). They have pick up service included in the room price (from the airport, but Louis sent a van to the port for some CC people last year). You will have to pay for transport TO the airport, but it is usually about $25.00 for 2 or 3. There is a very nice Italian restaurant walking distance (around the corner about two blocks) for dinner. There is NO elevator so if climbing stairs is a problem this is probably not a good idea. The little room on the first floor with all the wood paneling and the little patio is the room I stay in.

They also offer Lima tours or just a car and driver for the day-you decide what you want to see. This will give you a MUCH cheaper way to do this in the Miraflores neighborhood. Make arrangements EARLY if you need more than a couple of rooms. The place is NOT large and NOT glitzy, but oh, the service. They bend over backwards in all they do.

http://www.hotelsanantonioabad.com/index.php

Hi greatam,

I had read your earlier posts about the San Antonio Abad in Lima, and I wasn't sure it would work for us, but we're definitely open to the suggestion. We would only be able to use this, what sounds like a 'boutique' style hotel, if we could get that main-floor room, as I don't relish trying to haul luggage up any stairs (bad back, bad knees). I agree that just booking a room for the night probably makes more sense than trying to secure a 'day room', however it would only work if we could get an early check-in so we can drop our luggage off in the morning. But thanks again for the recommendation, I will check out their website and try to see if they have that room available. We'll have the entire day to explore Lima as our late flight doesn't leave until 1:20 am. We basically just want a nice place to rest, clean up, and get ourselves to the airport later in the evening.

If Louis can pick up at the port, can he get right into the port? No way can we get to the port entrance hauling our luggage on our own, we need to be picked up right at the ship, or as close as possible.

I'm interested in the Indian Market, and note that the Mariel Hotel in Miraflores is right across the street. Do you have any comments regarding that hotel? The other ones that looked interesting are the El Condado Miraflores Hotel, and also the Garden Hotel in San Isidro. I'd be interested in your opinions on these, if you have one.

nanook21,

Louis can make arrangements to pick you up INSIDE the port. Has done it for me in 2006 (6 people) and I know he did it for some CC people I was assisting last year.

IF there are only a few of you, with this much advance, it should not be hard to get the first floor room with the little patio. I was under the impression it was a whole bunch of you wanting day rooms. But for just a few-there are two rooms on the first floor-the rest are upstairs.

The Mariel is directly across the street from the vendor I buy full length alpaca coats I sell in the USA. I have never stayed there. The website looks very nice. It is very close to a lot of traffic (the big traffic circle which has traffic almost all night) and a lot of light-street lights, store lights, etc. So if that would bother you, think twice.

San Antonio Abad is about 8 blocks further East/SE from the traffic circle. Walking distance (or cheap taxi) to all the attractions in Miraflores-LarcoMar, the Indian Market, the Cuentos (sp) market (which is more of a local market but has some great stuff-NOT touristy), the US Embassy, Rosa Nautica, the great restaurants, etc. etc.

I don't know anything about the other hotels you mentioned. I found a place I am comfortable with at a decent price-beats the heck out of the "Americanized" hotels in Miraflores and downtown at 3 times the price.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the extra details. I already sent an inquiry off to San Antonio Abad, but haven't yet had a reply. I asked if the main-floor room with the patio was available, so we'll see!. There are at least 2 others on this cc board also looking for day rooms that I know of, although we are not necessarily travelling together - we just met up on this board. It's possible we may find a tour operator to give us a tour of Lima packaged with a hotel, so we are keeping that option open for now. However if Louis comes thru with that patio room, I'm going to grab it! The others may also be interested in this location if its available. Thanks for your help.

Susan

Greatam, I'm sorry to say that after two inquiries over a 2-week period, I've had no response from the San Antonio Abad in Lima. I'm going to assume that they don't have the patio room available and start looking elsewhere. Too bad. If they do happen to respond (eventually!), I'll post it. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Greatam, I'm sorry to say that after two inquiries over a 2-week period, I've had no response from the San Antonio Abad in Lima. I'm going to assume that they don't have the patio room available and start looking elsewhere. Too bad. If they do happen to respond (eventually!), I'll post it. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

Someone had the same problem last year. Using the weblink can be problematic with their email system, I think. I just call but I wrote Louis and got an immediate reply. So I did it again and this is what Aimee responded with.

Try this:

This is our email hotelsanantonioabad@mail.com

Regards

Aimee

Hotel San Antonio Abad

4476766- 4445475

We stayed at the Casa Andina Classic Miraflores in Lima (Petit Thouars street). Across the street from the Inca markets. One block from the Oval. Rate $98/room including breakfast. The day we left, we had a midnight flight out. We kept the rooms fo a really late checkout at 8pm for $60/room.

Transport to the airport was $40 for a minivan for 4 people.

Thanks Marazul, thats great info, we'll keep this hotel in mind.

Greatam, we did finally reach the San Antonio Abad, and the patio room is available. However we are also looking at a "package" with Lima tour for a group of us that includes a day room. So the Abad may not work for us, and we are looking at all options right now. Thanks for your help.

If you meant Lima Tours, make sure your tour includes the Casa Aliaga in Lima. It is the only tour agency with rights to show the colonial mansion. It is still inhabited by the 17th generation of the Aliaga family and it is gorgeous.

Archived