Bye for now

Rebel Rouser

Just thought I would leave a message to say TTFN until after the cruise..too many negative comments flying about. I want to enjoy my holiday.

Terry aka RR

Ta Ra Terry, have a great time.

Berwyn

Just thought I would leave a message to say TTFN until after the cruise..too many negative comments flying about. I want to enjoy my holiday.

Terry aka RR

Don't go yet!! Who am I going to play off against with my 30 DAYS TO GO!!

I'm fed up with the negative comments too. Getting on my nerves with people making remarks about a ship they've never been on and putting people off. Somebody sniping at me this morning for backing IE. Right!! teeth and claws coming out now, lol. AND I do have my own teeth.:D:D

Anyway nobody's going to spoil my holiday, 2 whole weeks. 2nd week all inc. in Club Magic Life, Marmaris, looks really nice with block of 4 room all over the hillside near the sea. Been out holiday shopping today and finally got a sundress that doesn't look like it should be on a 14 year old. Little bit of sunbathing today, then the sun went in about 3.

We've had a good laugh anyway RR so if you don't come back, and I hope you do before you go, have a great time.;):D:D

Actually, you can't go, nobody else joins in here, just you, me and Berwyn, plus a couple of other nice people, Jessie and MrsOzzy etc.

Jan

RR - as long as the drink is flowing, and I have a clean bed, and I get to wear my life jacket 24/7 I won't have no problems. Then again my hubby is has a royal navy fire fighting certificate/ he maintains BA and also instructs/teaches popelon how to wear them.

Serioulsy though, hubby told me to ignore the comments - as long as they feed me and give me plenty to drink plus a clean bed -

That's the spirit Highlandlassie (hic!:eek:). You're a girl after my own heart.:) I'm sick of reading comments from people on other forums who haven't even been on the ship and are spoiling it for people who have already booked and should be looking forward to their cruise. I say ignore them and have a great time:D. We go on holiday to see different places, not six course dinners. Who cooks that in their own home anyway? I can always find someone to eat, if I don't like the chips I eat pasta and also I quite like sponge pud and custard, yummy. Judging by the rate it disappears so does everyone else.

I don't think I'll be wearing my lifejacket 24/7 though,:eek: but, then again, it could serve as a battering ram to clear a way to the front of the buffet, lol.

Can you and your hubby stay in the next cabin to us on our next cruise? you'd be a big help in fighting our way onto the lifeboats!!:eek:;)

Jan

Here, here! to the above comments. That's what we want! - positive comments!

RR, you were one who helped me when I was having doubts, so I thank you for that. I have heard enough positve comments to stop me worrying. I am really looking forward to my first cruise and I WILL enjoy it. 5.gif

Will miss your banter with Jan if you don't make any comments!

Anyway RR, enjoy your holiday.

Kind Regards. Mo. :)

Here, here! to the above comments. That's what we want! - positive comments!

RR, you were one who helped me when I was having doubts, so I thank you for that. I have heard enough positve comments to stop me worrying. I am really looking forward to my first cruise and I WILL enjoy it. 5.gif

Will miss your banter with Jan if you don't make any comments!

Anyway RR, enjoy your holiday.

Kind Regards. Mo. :)

Hi Mo

Good for you, I can honestly say that on our first cruise we didn't hear any moaning from anyone. Oh gone on then, it was me, lol. It gets a bit busy in the Beachcomber at breakfast and hard to get a table sometimes but it was handy for us staying just one deck below. If we stayed on the lower decks we would use the Island restaurant for brekkie. Loved the Cafe Brasil, buy a cappuccino and sit by the window at the back of the ship and watch the frothy wake from the ship disappearing into the distance, fab.:D:D

Why don't you put a countdown clock on then we can stalk, er no, follow your cruise holiday to departure. Click on countdown clock at the top of the page and follow the instructions.:) Right!! off outside for a sunbathe, got to change my white peaky skin to a light tan.:eek: Next doors are away so no one can see me thank goodness, lol.

Jan

Hi Mo

Good for you, I can honestly say that on our first cruise we didn't hear any moaning from anyone. Oh gone on then, it was me, lol. It gets a bit busy in the Beachcomber at breakfast and hard to get a table sometimes but it was handy for us staying just one deck below. If we stayed on the lower decks we would use the Island restaurant for brekkie. Loved the Cafe Brasil, buy a cappuccino and sit by the window at the back of the ship and watch the frothy wake from the ship disappearing into the distance, fab.:D:D

Sounds great Jan!!! Can't Wait! Just 11 Days!

Why don't you put a countdown clock on then we can stalk, er no, follow your cruise holiday to departure. Jan

I thought I had a countdown clock. :confused: Is it not showing up?

I thought I had a countdown clock. :confused: Is it not showing up?

Sorry Mo!! idiot me, it's the heat.:eek: Looking at your post on the reply page where it doesn't show up, now I can stalk you, lol. Everything's fine, wow!! it's hot out there today.:):)

Jan

That's ok Jan! The sun's having the same effect here! I'm finding it almost too hot, but won't complain! :D

It was 88 degrees in the shade on my oustide thermometer this afto. I've got to try and get used to it as it will be over 30 in Turkey, the ship part will be a bit cooler I should think but the AI after will definitely scramble my brain. Guess what I got in for tea today?... curry!!!:eek::eek:. lol.

Jan

That's the spirit Highlandlassie You're a girl after my own heart I'm sick of reading comments from people on other forums who haven't even been on the ship and are spoiling it for people who have already booked and should be looking forward to their cruise. I say ignore them and have a great time:D. We go on holiday to see different places, not six course dinners. Who cooks that in their own home anyway? I can always find someone to eat, if I don't like the chips I eat pasta and also I quite like sponge pud and custard, yummy. Judging by the rate it disappears so does everyone else.

I don't think I'll be wearing my lifejacket 24/7 though,:eek: but, then again, it could serve as a battering ram to clear a way to the front of the buffet, lol.

Can you and your hubby stay in the next cabin to us on our next cruise? you'd be a big help in fighting our way onto the lifeboats!!:eek:;)

Jan

Hear hear Jan and Highlandlassie,

You think how many holidays it would take to visit all the places you can go on 1 cruise.

the portions on the 5 course dinners on Dream were small, (meagre a fellow cruiser called them), but at least we got 5 so did fill up.

DW has enough trouble getting 1 course together on the table all finished cooking at the same time. :eek::D

berwyn

Somebody sniping at me this morning for backing IE. Right!! teeth and claws coming out now, lol. AND I do have my own teeth.:D:D

Jan

Hi Jan,

I had that in Dec. on the other site after my good review of her.

Berwyn

It was 88 degrees in the shade on my oustide thermometer this afto. I've got to try and get used to it as it will be over 30 in Turkey, the ship part will be a bit cooler I should think but the AI after will definitely scramble my brain. Guess what I got in for tea today?... curry!!!:eek::eek:. lol.

Jan

Hi Jan, don't know what the temp. was here, but it was hot!! Not sure what the Med will be like in June but think it will be hotter than this but as you say, the ship will be cooler. My daughter & I can't take it too hot, we both have to take antihistamines for heat rash, but hubby loves the sun! We're AI also - it was free when we booked! So look forward to that no matter what we are entitled to. :D

Hi Jan, don't know what the temp. was here, but it was hot!! Not sure what the Med will be like in June but think it will be hotter than this but as you say, the ship will be cooler. My daughter & I can't take it too hot, we both have to take antihistamines for heat rash, but hubby loves the sun! We're AI also - it was free when we booked! So look forward to that no matter what we are entitled to. :D

Hi Mo,

Here are pics of the A.I. drinks list from Dec. don't think it's changed on the Escape.

http://s855.photobucket.com/home/Crinkle-pics?sort=ascending

the extra price next to the drink name e.g. 10p next to Beefeater Gin is what you pay for drinks that are a bit more expensive, there's not many.

Berwyn

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

What have you been up to today? Is it hot in Wales as well?:):) Still boiling hot here in the evening, the garden is very dry but my tomatoes and spuds are coming on a treat. I'm growing the spuds in those container bags. Proper little Tom and Barbara, without the Tom,:D:D.

Well I've got the IE moaning stuff off my chest, well not quite, people spend hours picking their cruise, then booking it only to come onto the forums and have their pleasure in it dashed, some even going so far as to cancel because of negativity. When we booked the Ottoman Treasures we calculated that it would take us about 5 seperate holidays to see all the places we're going to as Turkey is so big, not to mention the Greek part, so I'm happy.:D

Finished now!! Hurray! You can come back now Rebel Rouser, lol.

Won't get much sleep tonight if it stays this hot.:eek:

Jan

Hi Mo

Unfortunately we booked in January and missed the free AI, with being off the ship so much we didn't think it was worth the £168 each they wanted then. We've got AI on the stay part in Marmaris though so will be chilling out then.:):). Don't forget to pack all your medicines, I've now got to get blister cure lotion this year as I'm fed up with getting them in the heat.:eek: They just won't go until we get back home.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Yes, really hot and sunny all day.

I should have been working tonight, but managed to get the night off, back in work tomorrow night tho' :(

So we were not too far from you.

I came home this a.m. and we went straight out to Preston Brook and walked on the Bridgewater Canal.

It was really hot there, too hot to be out walking in that sun. then we retired to the local pub for some cool refreshment.

So not been to bed yet, I'll be thoughly cream crackered in a bit. Only staying up to see results of Dorothy in a bit.

yes, it'd take years to see all the places we've seen since we started cruising.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Yes,

Last June we did the Aegean and Eastern Med.

From Rome we went to Greece, Mykonos, Rhodes, Kusadasi. Then Right across to Alexandria then back to Corfu before returning to Rome.

Sea was calm and weather really hot. In fact Ephesus felt hotter than Cairo.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Yes,

Last June we did the Aegean and Eastern Med.

From Rome we went to Greece, Mykonos, Rhodes, Kusadasi. Then Right across to Alexandria then back to Corfu before returning to Rome.

Sea was calm and weather really hot. In fact Ephesus felt hotter than Cairo.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn, I'd better get a hat and a parasol for Ephesus.:):)

Just noticed you've got another countdown clock, do tell all about it.

Jan

Thanks Berwyn, I'd better get a hat and a parasol for Ephesus.:):)

Just noticed you've got another countdown clock, do tell all about it.

Jan

DEfinitely parasol, and total sun block too.

Right here goes, long story so bear with me.

Originally before we booked to go to Mexico, I had wanted to do Adriatic Explorer B2B with Pearls of the Aegean leaving on 8th October this year.

We'd have sailed into Venice on our 30th Anniversary.

But Dw didn't want to sail up there so late in the season worrying about the weather.

So they had an offer on the Grand Princess for 2 weeks early Sept Western Med in a Local TA,(not the one we normally use). She fancied no flying so we booked that.

Anyway she's big into this end of Mayan calendar in 2012 thing, (and globaly things are getting more unstable) so she wanted to see the Mayan ruins before 2012.

I did look at the Dream for early spring next year, she does 2 stops in Mexico on one cruise.

But then we found the Mexico tour and stay in the Thomson's brochure.

So we want to do that sooner rather than later as we're not getting younger and while we're still reasonably fit.

So we booked that for same dates as the Princess cruise.

we couldn't move the Princess cruise till now till the new brochures were out.

So we were going to do one later next year, but we have to do it within 12 months of the original booking, so before next Sept. Don't want to go in summer holidays so it had to be June next year. It's a 13 day cruise doing similar to Adriatic Explorer + Aegean. Goes from Venice to Rome. Fly Venice on board overnight and sail following day, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Katakolon, Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Santorini, Naples, fly back from Rome.

And of course in the meantime we've booked Red Sea Magic for April.

So at least we'll get the big strenuous excursion trips out of the way, then if there's any money left we can do easy ones when we're older

Berwyn

Flippin' 'eck Berwyn, I'm going to have to read that again when my brain isn't scrambled by the heat, lol.:D I think I get the drift though. It's all coming back to me when it's hot on holiday and you go into a shop and can't even add up 2 euros and 3 euros..??.. because it's so hot.:D:D You're turning into Alan Whicker, you could write a book.:)

Almost forgot, when you were on the Dream how did the dining work, was it a self-service buffet, a served buffet or waiter service with a set menu? A bit off forum but it saves me going over there.

Jan

Flippin' 'eck Berwyn, I'm going to have to read that again when my brain isn't scrambled by the heat, lol.:D I think I get the drift though. It's all coming back to me when it's hot on holiday and you go into a shop and can't even add up 2 euros and 3 euros..??.. because it's so hot.:D:D You're turning into Alan Whicker, you could write a book.:)

Almost forgot, when you were on the Dream how did the dining work, was it a self-service buffet, a served buffet or waiter service with a set menu? A bit off forum but it saves me going over there.

Jan

Hi Jan,

buffet was self service, just a long queue as you could only get food from one side. They did come round asking you if you wanted drinks.

The Orion was proper waiter service, not like Escape, buffet with waiters hanging about.

Berwyn

Flippin' 'eck Berwyn, I'm going to have to read that again when my brain isn't scrambled by the heat, lol.:D I think I get the drift though. It's all coming back to me when it's hot on holiday and you go into a shop and can't even add up 2 euros and 3 euros..??..

Jan

I know what you mean Jan, I had to read it through twice and correct it to see it made sense.

Berwyn

Archived