luggage with seat

LindaKE

GreatAm as I was born into khaki diapers I do understand that an Army travels on it stomach. Thank you for making sure that our service people get quality food that is safe and what it is supposed to be.

My late Dad had his first taste of ice cream in the US Army and loved the Army ever after for that treat. Most of his Army 'war' stories were about the food that was good, plentiful and high in calories. Yes in those long ago days people were very short of calories. People struggled to get enough to eat.

You and your work are important. I am always happy to see a new post from you.

GreatAm as I was born into khaki diapers I do understand that an Army travels on it stomach. Thank you for making sure that our service people get quality food that is safe and what it is supposed to be.

My late Dad had his first taste of ice cream in the US Army and loved the Army ever after for that treat. Most of his Army 'war' stories were about the food that was good, plentiful and high in calories. Yes in those long ago days people were very short of calories. People struggled to get enough to eat.

You and your work are important. I am always happy to see a new post from you.

Thanks

I was doing some serious thinking and packing today getting ready to go back to the "sandbox". Some of the food MAY be a result of very selfish thinking on my part. Steak and lobster once a week and individually prepared Mongolian BBQ once a week are high priorities in MY food chain. This is military prepared menus and I have nothing to do with the actual menu. But do the kids REALLY appreciate it or is it just the older officers and contractors? Would the kids actually fighting the war be happier with pizza and hamburgers??? Something I am going to have to investigate when I get back over there, especially since McChrystal is cutting all the fast food places off the bases in Afghanistan.

The Starbucks all over the bases in Kuwait and Iraq are filled all the time with soldiers using their laptops for Skype or other ways to connect with home. That is not going to happen any more in Afghanistan. What a shame-leave these poor kids out there to "kinda, sorta" connect with home if and when they can get a telephone connection. Yes, it is free-yes they can call home every day. BUT, they have to sign up, wait in line for a phone and some bases only have a 10 minute allotment per person for calls. Can't say much in 10 minutes if you have a lot of family spread out in different parts of the USA. I am just disgusted at the way we are AGAIN treating our military. Someone needs to stop this.

Wow, I really drug this thread off topic-better sign off

Archived