Boston on Sunday Night

desiray

We will be pulling into Boston at 2 p.m. on September 26. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday (yeah!!!) .... my question.... what will be open from 2 - 10 p.m. other than bars? Any suggestions on what and where to go to make my 50th memorable will be greatly appreciated. :)

138east,

I think my biggest fears have been answered. There is NOT going to be anything of historical interest open from 2-10 p.m. on a Sunday night, correct?

I guess we should have thought of this before booking our cruise. Ugh! Any other ideas of what to see and where to go while we are there? Like I mentioned, the boat pulls in at 2 p.m. and deports at 10 p.m.

thanks for your input.

That's not true - I thought you were looking for a memorable destination for a birthday meal. Check the Constitution - I think it is open until 5. If you took a cab there, you could see that. Then take the MBTA water taxi back to Long Wharf and walk over to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, which should be open until 6 - restaurants will be open later. The Freedom Trail is always "open" - just some of the buildings will be closed. You can wander through the North End and see Old North Church and the Paul Revere House. Or wander the trail in reverse from Quincy Market back to the Boston Common.

Another thought - I was just looking at water taxis for some folks. You could arrange for a water taxi to pick you up at Black Falcon Pier and take you all the way across the Harbor to the Constitution. That might be fun and the price would be competitive (if not cheaper) than a land taxi.

We will be pulling into Boston at 2 p.m. on September 26. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday (yeah!!!) .... my question.... what will be open from 2 - 10 p.m. other than bars? Any suggestions on what and where to go to make my 50th memorable will be greatly appreciated. :)

If you are really looking for a true Boston experience....head to any boston bar and visit with the locals as they watch the RedSox play the Yankees on the 26th.

If you are really looking for a true Boston experience....head to any boston bar and visit with the locals as they watch the RedSox play the Yankees on the 26th.

Oops, you did say besides bars...never mind!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived