New Poll: Who else IS sick of the smugglers....

saturnsc

Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?

• Yes! it's the reason cruise & drink prices have gone up so much
    • No! as I pack another rum runner thank you very much.
    • Indifferent eh, I'm sure there's things that I do that they don't like too
    • I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread...

I know. :) And I just booked a cruise through one of the leaders' date=' who is a travel agent. I don't think she remembers me. :D[/quote']

You're kidding! Tell me it's not the one that Allened you. Hilarious!

I will defend you Steve!

I REALLY doubt they would. However if you said its not mine they would then ask who else had access to the room/luggage in your party. They would then ask you all. If no one "fessed" up it is treated as a common area item and (this is where I dont remember) you either all get booted ot no one does.....

I tihnk no one does as there is no proof of possesion/ownership.

they then do cavity searches.

Thats what I think to as well as no way to verify it was in your possesion at all times.I don't lock mine so any one could have stuck a $45 bottle of JW in my bag.

Now.....if it was like some of the airports where you take your bag to the big scanner yourself first it would be a different story.

Steve

Personally, I don't think that the moderators of Cruise Critic should even allow discussions about smuggling to take place on these boards.

Let's go to the dictionary: "smuggling" is defined as: "to bring in or take our illicitly or by stealth" and "to bring or take secretly, as against the law or rules" among other things.

Smuggling is NOT respectable behavior -- it shouldn't be tolerated -- it shouldn't be joked about -- it shouldn't be encouraged -- and it most certainly shouldn't be given a forum that amounts to aiding and abetting a "crime", minor though it may seem.

:rolleyes: This cracks me up!! Arrrrrr

I don't believe this is true. What about the non-drinkers on the cruise? Are you going to tell them to stay home because they are not contributing to Carnival's drink revenue? Or children?

You make a good point. The ships even sponsors Friends of Bill on the sailings. :cool:

:DO......M.....G! Hilarious. Be careful. Your cabin might be a lifeboat.:D

That's okay. I'll just use my alleged computer genius hacking skills and hack into Carnival's computer system and give myself the master suite.:D

Ironically, a friend of mine is trying to get me to go onto some online matchmaking site, but is also telling me that I'll never get any contacts because I don't know how to post pictures. :)

And I got one of the four remaining 1A cabins on the Miracle just a day or two before they eliminated the 1-A singles supplement rate.:)

And soon it will be OK for people to smuggle on 1A cabins because Carnival is ripping people off with high prices and its more convenient to bring your own cabin!!

And soon it will be OK for people to smuggle on 1A cabins because Carnival is ripping people off with high prices and its more convenient to bring your own cabin!!

Oh Great! Now someone will creat "Cabin Runners".

• 2 months later...

Smuggling is NOT respectable behavior -- it shouldn't be tolerated -- it shouldn't be joked about -- it shouldn't be encouraged -- and it most certainly shouldn't be given a forum that amounts to aiding and abetting a "crime", minor though it may seem.

Also make sure you don't speed to the cruise port, don't hog deck chairs, don't wear jeans in the MDR.....come on I'm on vacation!

Also make sure you don't speed to the cruise port, don't hog deck chairs, don't wear jeans in the MDR.....come on I'm on vacation!

Many thanks for putting the paddles to this one and bringing it back to life.

I am not sick of smugglers. To each their own, but I think they are a dieing breed. I know that I no longer smuggle. I did actually bring a larger bottle of wine on board last October, than they say is acceptable and I got through with it, but I wont try that again. I would hate to have it confiscated. No good to give it back to me the night before getting off the ship, as I wont likely drink much if anything that night, and I cant take it home, since I have to take two flights to get home.

I just think the day of smuggling liquor on board is coming close to an end. If anyone wants to keep trying it, that is fine, and what others do in that regard doesnt bother me. It is just not for me.

MGM61,

Your funny. Thanks for the laugh.

:)

we'll stop when they stop allowing people to cart on soda and water bythe drove..otherwise why have a doublestandard and like i have said on most of these smuggling threads until about 5 years ago carnival used to let you go to the duty free shop once they sailed and bring a bottle back to your room. maybe they need to go back to that and then everyoine wins!:cool:

we'll stop when they stop allowing people to cart on soda and water bythe drove..otherwise why have a doublestandard and like i have said on most of these smuggling threads until about 5 years ago carnival used to let you go to the duty free shop once they sailed and bring a bottle back to your room. maybe they need to go back to that and then everyoine wins!:cool:

Yep, we only got to take advantage of that on our first cruise...sigh...

On our one NCL cruise, if you purchased liquor on the last day, even at 9 AM, they would just let you take it. We bought a bottle of vodka and finished it off by bedtime. I'd be happy if Carnival would do THIS, but they still insist on delivering it to your room that night unless you buy it in the evening.

Uh...............what's the point in this excercise? What one chooses to drink is no ones business...........None of us are expert in cruise line economics.

"cruise line economics."

Have nothing to do with anything. Every person that books a cruise agrees to the conditions of the contract. And all insist that the cruise line live up to the wording of that contract. But smugglers try to say the smugglers can violate their own agreement because the cruise line charges too much. That is a completely immature position.

Man up! Smugglers agreed to the conditions, LIVE with what you agreed to.

"cruise line economics."

Have nothing to do with anything. Every person that books a cruise agrees to the conditions of the contract. And all insist that the cruise line live up to the wording of that contract. But smugglers try to say the smugglers can violate their own agreement because the cruise line charges too much. That is a completely immature position.

Man up! Smugglers agreed to the conditions, LIVE with what you agreed to.

Stop lumping ALL smugglers together. This is not why ALL smugglers smuggle, especially since smugglers seems to have HUGE bar bills.

If ALL smugglers smuggled due to prices, NONE of them would have bar bills.

Archived