Which beaches?

mrrocky123

Hello, Dh and I booked our Bermuda cruise! I'm looking to check out some different beaches. I def want to go to Horseshoe Bay but for the other 2 I'm between Elbow, Tobacco Bay, and Warwick Long Bay. Any suggestions in which to choose? Thanks!!

Elbow Beach and Warwick Long Bay are both South Shore beaches not far from Horseshoe Bay, while Tobacco Bay is in St. George's. I'd strongly recommend you visit St. George's for a day...it's a UNESCO World Heritage site, and you can combine a visit to Tobacco Bay with your visit to the quaint town of St. George's.

• 2 weeks later...
No, the ferry goes to St George. From there you could walk or take the jitney to TB. The ferry ride is about 40 minutes; the walk about 20 minutes. And remember the ferry runs on weekdays only.

SBtS

OK - we will be there Sat-Sun. So, how would I get there alternately - bus?

OK - we will be there Sat-Sun. So, how would I get there alternately - bus?

Take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton (this ferry route does have weekend service) and then a bus to St. George's. The bus terminal in Hamilton is about a 10 minute walk uphill from the ferry terminal.

Someone recommended Tobacco Bay. What about Turtle Bay or Long Bayon the other end of St. George - are those worth going to?

We Just returned from a beautiful cruise on the Veendam last week. We rented a scooter in SG and went over to Cooper Island nature reserve. The traffic was very light in the St Davids area adjacent to St George. We had to park at the gate and walk thru the reserve (no vehicles are allowed in there) , maybe a few hundred yards. What a wonderful beach; Long Bay and the adjacent cove... We had the entire stretch to ourselves. The bus also goes to Clearwater, and you can walk to Turtle bay beside it, then next is Cooper Island reserve. Clearwater looked ok, Turtle Bay was nicer.

IMHO, worth the visit. Many nice little coves to check out also.

I am not a fan of Tobacco Bay, as the beach is very small, and can get crowded, and the water murky.

St Catherine's beach looked nicer this year than last time we were there.

Look at Google Map and zoom into these areas.. worth the time .

Good luck,

Ted

has anyone taken the royal caribbean excursion to the beach. It is a package with transportation, amenities and you are able to walk to all the beaches on the south shore?

Any thoughts would help

This is my first trip to Bermuda and we only have one day. We will be going back next year so it is not like this is my one and only chance to see the island

Thanks

PS. We are not big sight seeing people:o

You don't have to take a cruise ship excursion to do this. This excursion you can do on your own. At the Dockyard, board a route #7 inbound bus and get off the bus at Horseshoe Bay Beach. This beach has facilities. On your left hand while facing the water, at the far end of the beach you will find paths that connect these beaches: Horseshoe Bay, Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove , and Warwick Long Bay.

If you go in the water at any beach return to HSB to change into your street clothes. Wearing wet beach clothes on the bus is frowned upon; and you may not be allowed to board. To return to the Dockyard, board a route #7 bus outbound . The bus ride in each direction is about 35 minutes.

SBtS

With limited time we took the ferry straight to Hamilton from the West End Docks. We then walked to the bus terminal and took the #7 bus westbound. Our first stop was Jobson's Cove. Spectacular beach, small and barely used. Snorkeling was not very good from what we found. We then walked along the cliff trails to Horseshoe Bay Beach. The walk provided superior photo ops. Horseshoe was not my cup of tea, it was beautiful, but over crowded and loud. Way too many people there for me. We then jumped back on a #7 bus (blue poles indicated west bound buses and pink was to go back to Hamilton). We then got off at Church Bay. Small beach, but great beach snorkeling. Looking out to the sea, the reef to the right was excellent snorkeling. Photos of Church Bay from the road above were great. From there we caught another #7 bus which took us all the way back to the West End Dockyard.

Archived