Salt Lake City airport

Jinn

I'm considering bookng a flight on Delta which goes through Salt Lake City before going to LAX. Is a one hour connection in Salt Lake City okay? I've never been to that airport. Thanks, Jinn

SLC is no O'Hare or Atlanta but it is not a tiny airport. Delta flights can be more than 15 minutes distance and you must consider where you are seated on your inbound flight.

An hour is normally a very reasonable connection time.

If you are arriving on a regional jet and must gate check luggage take that time into consideration as well.

We have made connections there in an hour and we have also missed longer connections there due to weather (twice with hurricanes in the Southeast.)

I hope all goes well for your trip.

There are some long walks in that airport. Coming off a regional jet (with no gate checked bag) it took me longer than 15 minutes to get to my connecting gate.

My checked bag didn't make the connection and arrived at my home 3 days later.

an hr connection should be fine at SLC...its not as TINY as it use to be, but an hr should be plenty of time...if i can make a connecting flight in Atlanta in 40 mins you definitely should be able to do an hr one in SLC.

GOOD LUCK:)

Archived