**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

So we are looking at doing a trip with Above & Beyond Alaska as well. We'd like to do the kayak & glacier trek. It is 7 hours as well but you kayak out to the glacier for the trek instead of hiking there. Would anyone else be interested in joining us on this. If there are a few others that want to jump in the price goes down a little and DH and I would love the company. This excursion is in Juneau.

(if I shouldn't post things like this just let me know-thanks)

Thanks (I feel like we should have a team name or something:D)

I'm on board with my girlfriend in a guaranteed inside. Flying into Seattle on Southwest 5/13, then quickshuttle.com to Vancouver, overnight at Sandman Hotel (Orbitz.com $121 total), try to board around 11 AM 5/14 for lunch and then looking forward to a great cruise. (I did this before on Holland.) The Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway in Skagway will be my highlight of the cruise! Debark after late breakfast in Seattle at Pier 91 and shuttleexpress.com to airport. Tom:)

auntkani, if you sign up for anytime dining you can experience all the dining on board. The Golden has 2 anytime dining rooms, each with it's own food specialties. And, if you like your table and waiter you can ask to reserve that table and time every night. If you want to pay extra to dine you can try Sabatini's (lots of food), or the Crown Grill if you like steak, we've done the steakhouses on other ships and it was worth the $25. Haven't done the Balcony dinner but heard its fun to try. And then all the casual dining choices, pizza, buffet, sushi,burgers, etc. Then there is always room service! We do anytime dining so we don't have to get ready at any certain time. Never had a problem getting seated right away. I do sometimes miss traditional dining, meeting different people and dining with them every night. It's fun to share what you've done during the days in port. We've become lifetime friends with table mates that we continue to sail with. Oh there is also the Chef's Table, a special dining experience you sign up for when you get on the ship. I think it's $75 a person, or something around that and includes gourmet food and a few different wines with dinner. We might try it this time, could be fun. Hope that helps with your dining question, so many choices!!

I wouldn't be one for the kayak trip, too cold out in that water for me! And, yes you can post the excursion, if Cruise Critic doesn't like your putting the name of the vendor in here they will remove it. I think they are more picky about travel agent names being posted, not so much excursions. But if you find the name blanked out you'll know they didn't like it!!

Welcome skibear! Having fun with all that snow up in Tahoe??? I'm sick of it and we're down at 2500', can't wait for spring to start! I'll have to check out the shuttleexpress.com, we'll be getting off the ship and heading for the airport also. Have you looked at taking the rapid transit? I think the problem is the station isn't very close to the cruise terminal. I'll have to check it out, haven't thought too much about how we're getting from ship to airport yet.

We are looking at booking this cruise. Just need to get DH to commit :) Would anyone be willing to download the pdf file of the excursions available for this cruise. I know I can look at the ones online but it says that they may not all be available for this cruise. If someone is willing to send it to me @ itzmered1@frontiernet.net I would greatly appreciate it. This will help me convince DH to book it ;)

Carol & Jim: The snow is terrific up here at Lake Tahoe!! We've had, and will continue to have, snow every other day! Yea! I hope Squaw Valley Ski Resort will be open on July 4th as they did in 1998 and 1999. I'm ready for that cool weather on the cruise! I did not check the rapid transit. I'll pay the $19 each for the shuttle. They want the passengers to check in an hour before their reservation and stand around. But it will be OK. Go for the gold down there and enjoy the high water this Spring! Tom (skibear)

Done! I think? Let me know if you got it okay, think I saved and sent the right thing!!:confused: Hope you decide to come along!

Thanks so much for the pdf. DH came home and said this week will not work for vacation time so we are looking at one in June. Have fun everyone!

Our son Sean who is an experienced Kayaker would probably be interested. I just emailed him the info and will let you know when he answers me. Thanks Pat

Hey Pat. Here's the specifics on the trip if he's interested:

The cost for this custom trip would be $349 per person plus 5% local sales tax (2 people), $299 per person plus tax (3-5 people), and $249 per person plus tax (6 people). We provide lunch on this trip.

If anyone else wants to join us on our trek/kayak trip that would be awesome.

We have our flights and hotels set for our trip. I'm a bit overwhelmed with choosing excursions still and then to start figuring out what to pack.

We went ahead and switched to the anytime seating - thanks Carol for explaining it.

Karen

I'm on board with my girlfriend in a guaranteed inside. Flying into Seattle on Southwest 5/13, then quickshuttle.com to Vancouver, overnight at Sandman Hotel (Orbitz.com $121 total), try to board around 11 AM 5/14 for lunch and then looking forward to a great cruise. (I did this before on Holland.) The Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway in Skagway will be my highlight of the cruise! Debark after late breakfast in Seattle at Pier 91 and shuttleexpress.com to airport. Tom:)

Welcome Tom,

We are from Reno/Sparks and hope to board early as well as we disembark the Sapphire at Canada Place that morning. See you both on board! (If not in the line getting on...)

Jan and Ed

I have a guaranteed inside, therefore I don't have a cabin number yet. So far two from Placerville, two from Reno and two from Lake Tahoe. We're in the midst of a great snow storm right now (3:30 PM). The more the merrier! Tom

Welcome Tom,

We are from Reno/Sparks and hope to board early as well as we disembark the Sapphire at Canada Place that morning. See you both on board! (If not in the line getting on...)

Jan and Ed

Us too. We hope to be off the Sapphire around 10 and on the Golden at 11. We may just drop off our luggage, check in, and then go check out Vancouver though. It's such a pretty city and last time we were there we promised ourselves we would take some time to look around before getting on board...

Katherine

Ok, I've searched thru all 57 pages of our thread! Took forever!:rolleyes:

Here is a list of cruisers. Please make corrections, add or delete who is or isn't here.

Then we'll have an idea of how many people will attend our Meet & Mingle.

Carol & Jim.........Carol & Jim...................Placerville, CA

Skibear..................Tom......................Incline Village, NV

Kath00.................Katherine & family...........San Diego, CA

jbeb.....................Jan & Ed....................Sparks/Reno, NV

auntkani...............Karen & DH......................Augusta, GA

Kyana...................Pat & Karen.& Sean....Victoria, BC, Canada

Willygrandma.................(20).......................... New York

SlyOldLady............Steve & Val................. Seattle, WA

cherrypop..............Cherie & Tom.................Delta, Canada

travelcoupletoo........Lisa & David..................So. Calif.

2BeOnaBoat..................................................Northern VA

itsajoke..........................................................???

jauyeung.........................................................???

crazycatlady0..................(4).............................???

hmstins................Margie............................Houston, TX

LEtue cancelled

bellebaby.............. Tom & Mary................ Houston, TX

deej696 cancelled

gatorpwr........................................................St. Cloud, FL

karenannie.................Karen.............................Utah

maple........................................................Lubbock, TX

Jolie214.................Mary.............................Florida

Wow, Carol!!

Thanks for doing this! Your time is much appreciated. First sea day out sounds perfect. We've done a lunchtime once before at one of the restaurants where they have the English Pub lunch. It's delicious and usually the restaurant is kinda quiet. I am not sure if they do this on the Golden (we were on the Sapphire last time we did this). Also, maybe afterward we can do a slot pull? That's always fun!

Katherine

If we do a pub lunch guess we wait until we are onboard to make a reservation? And do we do a Meet & Mingle and pub lunch or just one? I'm afraid with the pub lunch not so many will show up. It's bad enough the Meet & Mingle, seems like half the people don't show up for one reason or another but lunch would be a commitment!:rolleyes:

Slot pull sounds like fun. I've never participated in one so you can show us all how it works!!

Was that list pretty much correct? I think you've been on here the longest you might remember who has cancelled or not. GGPrincess was on for awhile but in looking at her posts she is taking the Island at a different date. Seems like lots of cruisers haven't been chatting for awhile, hope they come back before we sail!:)

I can email the coordinator for "Meet & Greets". Want to have it the first sea day, the 15th, at Skywalkers, either 11 or 2? Suggestions welcomed!!:D

Doorsigns are good, we can knock on doors when we go by in the wee hours of the evening!!:p

A lunch would be great but I doubt they would tie up space like that. They will give us Skywalkers during the day though and they might request a list or a count.

Can I cast a vote for 11am 1st sea day?

Yes you can!:D

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Carol&Jim..........11 am or 2 pm and a pub lunch, slot pull and general merriment!!

For the lunch, I have been at CC lunches in the main dining room, I think we just asked the Maitre'd for best time and they gave us like 5 tables all together. Maybe we could plan a pub lunch at our M&M for the Victoria day as we don't get to the dock until 7pm. And a slot pull, which someone still has to explain to me but it sounds good!!

Hey Willysgrandma, you weren't the one to win that NY Mega Millions were you?? Haven't seen you on here in a couple of days!!:eek:

Yes you can!:D

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Carol&Jim..........11 am or 2 pm and a pub lunch, slot pull and general merriment!!

For the lunch, I have been at CC lunches in the main dining room, I think we just asked the Maitre'd for best time and they gave us like 5 tables all together. Maybe we could plan a pub lunch at our M&M for the Victoria day as we don't get to the dock until 7pm. And a slot pull, which someone still has to explain to me but it sounds good!!

Hey Willysgrandma, you weren't the one to win that NY Mega Millions were you?? Haven't seen you on here in a couple of days!!:eek:

Hi, we are still here, just been busy taking care of an ill parent. Put us down for 11 am. A pub lunch would be nice too. Never done a slot pull, so no idea how it works, but would be willing to give it a go. Looking forward to getting away for a few days.

The slot pull is really fun. Everyone contributes a set amount of money (we have done $15 in the past because that gives us $5 pulls x 3 on the slots). Then we all pull the slots 3x each and we share all the winnings. In one slot pull, we won over $300 and split it among the participants. In another, we lost all our money. ;)

Either way, it's kind of a laugh riot to watch everyone get excited about the chance to win and the $5 slots pay out well so if one does win, it's usually pretty good money!

When is our first Sea Day? Victoria is towards the end, right? So maybe we can do the MandM earlier in the cruise? Remember Sea Days are our formal nights too.

Katherine

Meet & Mingle time vote:

2BeOnABoat......11 am

Travelcoupletoo....11am

You know, if we have our M&M at 11 we could, for whoever would like to, meander down for the pub lunch?? And then a slot pull?? Anyone who has early seating and is getting all decked out can always leave whenever they need to. But then, you might miss out on our big winnings!;) Slot pull sounds like fun!

If we only have one sea day is there only one formal night?

Archived