**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

With the airline imposed fees on luggage weight, I am thinking true "formal nights" with gowns and tuxes are now a thing of the past. I am seeing more and more ladies dress up in cocktail-type dresses. And the men are in suits with ties. Fine by me. I like to dress up but not enough to go to the trouble of flying with a big dress.

Katherine

Ha!! I guess I enjoy cruise food too much... All my dresses are "big dresses"!

LOL

Jan

A little gift is a great idea. Karen and I will bring two t-shirts from Lake Tahoe. Carol & Jim, bring some samples of gold. I signed up for a guaranteed inside Category M ($699) and was assigned a free upgrade to Category I ($799) on Baja Deck inside of the rich balcony folks. I read some other roll calls and found reference to a military discount. Go to the Princess website and search for military discount info and form. I sent in my DD214 for a $100 cabin credit in addition to the $60 already received. Also Govt Fees and Taxes are now about $115+ on their website rather than the $120+ I paid three weeks ago. I asked for a $4+ cabin credit through my travel agent. Tom

Skibear, good to see the upgrade fairy visited you!!:D

I like that military credit, told Jim it paid off him sitting in the Pacific Ocean for 4 years on a buoy tender, he didn't agree!!:rolleyes:

You can get an onboard credit for being a shareholder too. We did that this time, think it's another $100.

Let me know if you get the $4 refund, I'll get after my travel agent.

Gold?? Maybe not! Although with all the water rushing thru our creeks we could probably go down and gold pan some nuggets. All this rain water has to be dislodging some of that old gold the miners left!!

5 weeks from now we'll be sitting in Vancouver! :D

A little gift is a great idea. Karen and I will bring two t-shirts from Lake Tahoe. Carol & Jim, bring some samples of gold. I signed up for a guaranteed inside Category M ($699) and was assigned a free upgrade to Category I ($799) on Baja Deck inside of the rich balcony folks. I read some other roll calls and found reference to a military discount. Go to the Princess website and search for military discount info and form. I sent in my DD214 for a $100 cabin credit in addition to the $60 already received. Also Govt Fees and Taxes are now about $115+ on their website rather than the $120+ I paid three weeks ago. I asked for a $4+ cabin credit through my travel agent. Tom

Not sure what the price limit was but we could set our own... though Gold would be a nice gift! Sorry no Gold in VA, we have peanuts and wine.

And are those VA peanuts good! I bring them, home every time I visit my daughter. LOL.

Well, 5 weeks from today I hope we'll be eating lunch in the buffet at this time....:D

Not sure what the price limit was but we could set our own... though Gold would be a nice gift! Sorry no Gold in VA, we have peanuts and wine.

Just read on our local internet news that a religious group in central Calif. is predicting the end of the world on May 21, 2011!!

MANTECA, Calif. -- Billboards in Manteca, Stockton, Lodi, and Lockeford proclaim the message that Judgment Day is coming.

FamilyRadio.com says the Bible predicts that day as May 21, 2011.

Santos Rolon describes himself as a true believer and says a giant earthquake will happen on that day.

Five months of destruction will follow and the earth with be destroyed and consumed by fire by October 21, 2011.

Rolon believes that he and other true believers will be saved.

So we better all really enjoy ourselves on this cruise!!!:D:D:D LOL

I saw people in NYC carrying around posters saying the same thing yesterday. Told the friend I was with that if that happens, at least I'll be going out on a good note, having crossed off another items from my bucket list...

Just read on our local internet news that a religious group in central Calif. is predicting the end of the world on May 21, 2011!!

MANTECA, Calif. -- Billboards in Manteca, Stockton, Lodi, and Lockeford proclaim the message that Judgment Day is coming.

FamilyRadio.com says the Bible predicts that day as May 21, 2011.

Santos Rolon describes himself as a true believer and says a giant earthquake will happen on that day.

Five months of destruction will follow and the earth with be destroyed and consumed by fire by October 21, 2011.

Rolon believes that he and other true believers will be saved.

So we better all really enjoy ourselves on this cruise!!!:D:D:D LOL

We will be on board celebrating our son-in-law's birthday. We live in Vancouver so we don't have to drive far. The weather right now is quite cold and we actually had some smattering of snow - unbelievable for this time of year. We are travelling with a small group (30) fellow Canucks. If anyone likes to play cards, let me know. We will be having some Wizard challenges

Hi Carol and Jim,

Are we too late to join your group in Skywalkers. I can't believe I booked over a year ago and only just remembered the Roll Call. I'll even bring gifts for the exchange. Hope to hear from you.

I can email the coordinator for "Meet & Greets". Want to have it the first sea day, the 15th, at Skywalkers, either 11 or 2? Suggestions welcomed!!:D

Doorsigns are good, we can knock on doors when we go by in the wee hours of the evening!!:p

We will be on board celebrating our son-in-law's birthday. We live in Vancouver so we don't have to drive far. The weather right now is quite cold and we actually had some smattering of snow - unbelievable for this time of year. We are travelling with a small group (30) fellow Canucks. If anyone likes to play cards, let me know. We will be having some Wizard challenges

We just live on the other side of the tunnel, and cold it is!! We were suppose to get some sun today and so far that hasn't happened. I suggest everyone bring their winter whoolies on this cruise. This is not our typical April. We can keep our fingers crossed that May is the start of good Spring weather.

I can't believe how cold it is, I swear that our flowers don't know whether to show their little heads or not. So not only are we almost neighbours, we will be on the same ship. Hope the weather is better than this

We just live on the other side of the tunnel, and cold it is!! We were suppose to get some sun today and so far that hasn't happened. I suggest everyone bring their winter whoolies on this cruise. This is not our typical April. We can keep our fingers crossed that May is the start of good Spring weather.

Welcome Alliegirl! Yes you are welcome to the Meet & Mingle, the more the merrier. I emailed the Princess coordinator but haven't heard back from her. Maybe I'll email again, be a real pest!

You guys stop talking about cold and snow!!! We want warm and sun! It's finally starting to warm up down here, had a great sunny day today. But then tomorrow may have some rain, darn it!

4 weeks to go! :D

I hope there are some loyal Canuck fans amongst you. Plan to watch the game either in the sports bar or on the giant screen. As you see I am confident that THE CANUCKS will be beating the Eastern Division Team for the Cup about then. Will have my Canuck colours with me. Alaska amber ale and Canucks. What a great combination.:):rolleyes:

2 years ago we did a week on the Statendam and it was the first game of the second series. No HOCKEY ON HAL. Just college basketball. Was not impressed. We were up in crows nest and Golden was next to us in the berth. We could see the game was on on the giant screen. So with a portable radio and binoculars we watched until we left the dock. Because of that if we go on a cruise during Hockey Season we go Princess, not Holland America. By the way that cruise was more than 50% Cdn onboard. There were alot of complaints to the Cruise Director. We ended up with about 20 of us in the Crows nest watching the game on the Golden.:eek:

I will let my travelling buddies know then maybe we can get together and celebrate the hockey with one big party.

2 years ago we did a week on the Statendam and it was the first game of the second series. No HOCKEY ON HAL. Just college basketball. Was not impressed. We were up in crows nest and Golden was next to us in the berth. We could see the game was on on the giant screen. So with a portable radio and binoculars we watched until we left the dock. Because of that if we go on a cruise during Hockey Season we go Princess, not Holland America. By the way that cruise was more than 50% Cdn onboard. There were alot of complaints to the Cruise Director. We ended up with about 20 of us in the Crows nest watching the game on the Golden.:eek:

Hi Alliegirl/Kyana - glad to see some fellow Cdns on the ship! I'm from Toronto but sad to say we don't have much luck with our sports teams (Blue Jays, Raptors, Argos, Leafs)! I'll definitely bring a little souvenir from Toronto for the meet/greet! Getting excited - have booked excursions in each port - Harv/Marv in Juneau, Seawind Aviation tour of Misty Fjords in Ketchican and a bus tour with Frontier Excursions in Skagway (waitlisted for tour with Dyea Dave)..

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Debra

Yes you can add names if you wish, or we can wait til we get there and just have name tags to fill in. Here is the list so far:

Della1955………………Debra……………….Toronto

Alliegirl…………………. (30+) .…………..Richmond, BC

Carol & Jim.........Carol & Jim...................Placerville, CA

Skibear..................Tom.......................Incline Village, NV

Kath00.................Katherine & family...........San Diego, CA

jbeb.....................Jan & Ed....................Sparks/Reno, NV

auntkani...............Karen & DH......................Augusta, GA

Kyana...................Pat & Karen.& Sean....Victoria, BC, Canada

Willygrandma.................(20).......................... New York

SlyOldLady............Steve & Val................. Seattle, WA

cherrypop..............Cherie & Tom.................Delta, Canada

travelcoupletoo........Lisa & David..................So. Calif.

2BeOnaBoat..................................................Northern VA

itsajoke..........................................................???

jauyeung.........................................................???

crazycatlady0..................(4).............................???

hmstins................Margie............................Houston, TX

bellebaby.............. Tom & Mary................ Houston, TX

gatorpwr........................................................St. Cloud, FL

karenannie.................Karen.............................Utah

maple........................................................Lubbock, TX

Jolie214.................Mary.............................Florida

Still not sure if everyone on here is still sailing with us but we'll find out at the party!

Here is a beautiful photo essay of Vancouver:

http://www.insidevancouver.ca/2011/04/18/photo-essay-vancouver-architecture/

Seems like there are lots of things I've never paid attention to before until I see these photos. Just beautiful!

Carol & Jim: Add my girlfriend, Karen, to the list. She lives in Zephyr Cove, NV near the shores of Lake Tahoe. Skiing has been great at the ski areas around Lake Tahoe! We are bringing some Lake Tahoe gifts for the 11 AM, Skywalkers mingle on the first sea day.

So, it's Karen and Tom. AKA Skibear

Carol & Jim: Add my girlfriend, Karen, to the list. She lives in Zephyr Cove, NV near the shores of Lake Tahoe. Skiing has been great at the ski areas around Lake Tahoe! We are bringing some Lake Tahoe gifts for the 11 AM, Skywalkers mingle on the first sea day.

So, it's Karen and Tom. AKA Skibear

Hey Tom and Karen!

Did you get snow this morning? They spoke of snow tires for I80 on the radio! Just rain for Reno though...

JB

Archived