Smoking allowed in cabins?-say it aint so!

hikingchik

There's third hand smoke;) Smokers must realize that when we nonsmokers walk by, their smoke gets on our hair, our clothes, and in our lungs, and it LINGERS! But I wont do any more complaining about the public areas. I think all ships should have no smoking allowed in cabins. Where I live, all inside smoking in public places is banned. I hear theyre worried about extension cords,etc. But a drunk smoker doesnt concern them??:eek:

I believe other cruise lines give you that option.... Based on what you want and need should dictate what line you cruise on. Apparently non smoking is not that big of an issue for you or you would have selected another ship/line/room. :eek:

I always love the "I am very sensitive to smoke smell" posters on here...Maybe some of you are and maybe some of you think you are....because I have to deal with this with my dear Mother-in-law....she swears she can smell stale smoke or fresh smoke if she is anywhere in the area...but recently on a trip to West Texas with my in laws..we drove 2 different trucks and I smoked in ours all the way there...the next day we go to Big Bend and she says we should take our truck because it is 4-wheel drive and heavier duty (not sure where she thought we were going to be driving)...so we took ours....she NEVER even mentioned the smoke smell or how it was bothering her breathing and she was in it for 7-8 hours...NO I wasn't smoking in it that day...only when we stopped and got out for a bit...not once did that lady do her fake cough or fan her nose...so I pointed out this to my hubby and told him, I now know his mother only uses that whenever it is convenient to her to gripe....we both just shake her heads at her now knowing she rode in a smoke smelling truck for 8 hours without once needing her inhaler or saying one word!!!! things that make you go hmmmmmmm...oh and go ahead and flame or whatever....this was just a point I have witnessed myself with my own relative who makes a big issue sometimes and sometimes she forgets to make an issue about it:rolleyes:

Don't worry about the smelling smoke; the scent of sewage will cover it up:p

Seriously, CCl is a smokey cruise line. They seem to attract the kind of crowd that smokes. It is part of their demographics.

I have notice that on my Princess cruises, there were far less cruisers that smoked.If you are bothered by the possibility of smelling smoke, check them out.

Then you might want to look into another cruiseline.

(one that prohibits smoking in cabins.)

You more than likely won't smell anything, but I would

guess most have been somked in at one time or another,

with the exception of the nonsmoking spa cabins.

Or get a Spa cabin on the Dream or the Magic, those cabins are non-smoking. I'm sure it's like Vegas, you don't really smell smokers leftovers in the rooms in the big Vegas hotels.

Don't worry about the smelling smoke; the scent of sewage will cover it up:p

Seriously, CCl is a smokey cruise line. They seem to attract the kind of crowd that smokes. It is part of their demographics.

I have notice that on my Princess cruises, there were far less cruisers that smoked.If you are bothered by the possibility of smelling smoke, check them out.

Who exactly are the "kind of crowd that smokes?"

I'm a nonsmoker but my husband smokes, he's one of the straightest arrows I've ever known. Total businessman that happened to grow up in the everyone smokes generation.

Your comment is very offensive and ignorant considering that the President of the United States smokes, is he one of "that kind of crowd" ?

:::::Disclaimer, just cause I used him as an example does not mean I like him::::::::::::: :p;)

I cruised with a "upper class" man on a Celebrity cruise, no rules applied to him, never within dress code, horrible to the wait staff, had the M.D runnign his tush off cause nothing was ever good enough. If those are the "kind of people" that you are talking about, you can absolutely keep them, I'll keep my smoking or non for that matter, Carnival buddies

Who exactly are the "kind of crowd that smokes?"

I'm a nonsmoker but my husband smokes, he's one of the straightest arrows I've ever known. Total businessman that happened to grow up in the everyone smokes generation.

Your comment is very offensive and ignorant considering that the President of the United States smokes, is he one of "that kind of crowd" ?

:::::Disclaimer, just cause I used him as an example does not mean I like him::::::::::::: :p;)

I cruised with a "upper class" man on a Celebrity cruise, no rules applied to him, never within dress code, horrible to the wait staff, had the M.D runnign his tush off cause nothing was ever good enough. If those are the "kind of people" that you are talking about, you can absolutely keep them, I'll keep my smoking or non for that matter, Carnival buddies

I am laughing so hard at your post...absolutely made me grin and I love your disclaimer.....Thanks for the laugh and for sticking with "us kind"...;):D

You can google for stats on who smokers are. Of course there are exceptions, but to act like it's laughable to say there are certain people who are more likely to smoke, well, it's just funny. ;-)

:mad:I couldnt believe that Carnival allows smoking in the cabins. I hate the thought of walking into inside cabin and smelling smoke. Carnival has assured me that I will not smell it. How is that possible? I dont even want to touch anything in a cabin that has been smoked in. Can any nonsmokers tell me that I wont smell it in my cabin? I dont want to offend smokers, but I love my lungs:)

How would the smell harm your lungs?

Archived