Adios Señor Frog’s in Grand Cayman

dafuser

Been to both Senor Frog's and Margaritaville in GC. Last time we were there in Jan '09 Senor Frog's was dead, but our first visit in Jan '06 was a BLAST! We also imbibed a little too much, and came out with a $101 bill! Not sure how that happened as we had had fajitas, 2 shots, 1 beer and 2 aquarium-sized margaritas. :)

Margaritaville in Jan '09 was lame by comparison. Nobody was dancing to the music, nevermind getting up on the bar like they did at Senor Frog's.

Tourist trap, agreed, but we love to be able to go to places like SF's and be able to relax, dance a little, and be almost guaranteed to have fun.

Even John Heald said something about it I recall..said they need to get it built already...

I had heard they have had plans for a new pier there, but thats been the last 4 years of rumors. They wanted to build it in a differ location than the tender dock now. So alot of business owners werent to happy about that. Now I do give myself "maybe not true" disclaimer on that, because that was here say. :D and we know how that goes.

Speaking of building a pier in GC, wasn't there a pier supposedly being built in Belize a few years back?

And they never give me change back in American dollars. hmmff

So if I'm vacationing in Chicago, not only will all of your stores accept my Canadian money, but they'll give me change back in Canadian, too? Wow... :rolleyes:

It's another country. It's perfectly reasonable IMO for them to sometimes use their own currency in stores and on restaurant menus.

GC will never lower their prices as others learn to do in a bad economy. And they never give me change back in American dollars. hmmff

They probably would lower prices if they could. Grand Cayman is a very expensive island even for those who live there. All their food items need to be shipped in so groceries are very expensive- not just in the "tourist" areas.

• 2 weeks later...
Been to both Senor Frog's and Margaritaville in GC. Last time we were there in Jan '09 Senor Frog's was dead, but our first visit in Jan '06 was a BLAST! We also imbibed a little too much, and came out with a $101 bill! Not sure how that happened as we had had fajitas, 2 shots, 1 beer and 2 aquarium-sized margaritas. :)

Margaritaville in Jan '09 was lame by comparison. Nobody was dancing to the music, nevermind getting up on the bar like they did at Senor Frog's.

Tourist trap, agreed, but we love to be able to go to places like SF's and be able to relax, dance a little, and be almost guaranteed to have fun.

You definitely were at Margaritaville a different day than we were in January 2009, we lucked out & were the day Jimmy made a surprise visit. Well worth the $120 bill for food & drinks (3 people) since we snagged a table 20 feet from the stage! A once in a lifetime experience!!!

Archived