Silly question- any self laudry suggested?

Just wash kiddies stuff as you go each day - only takes a few minutes. We always use the shampoo from the shower. Acts same as a detergent - clothes smell nice. Dry them in the shower or on the balcony if you have one. If you smooth Tshirts when damp, they are really not too wrinkled.

We have not always recevied the bag on our RCL cruises. When we have, it has come later in the cruise. On our upcoming cruise we are planning on sending out a few items to be laundered to save on packing space. We just planned on spending the money ahead of time!

I don't think I would ever do laundry in port - that would be a terrible waste. However, it's pretty convenient to do laundry on board. You throw it in the washer, go grab a bite, throw it in the dryer, do something else, then you have your clean clothes ready to wear again. Instead of $25 it only costs about $5. Our ultimate goal has always been to get by with just a carryon so we don't have to check our luggage at the airport. Don't know if that will ever happen, though.

Your simple solution won't work on any Royal Caribbean ship since there are no washers and dryers available for guests. You may have to rethink your policy for your upcoming Enchantment of the Seas cruise or be prepared to take advantage of any laundry specials that are offered during your cruise.;)

Onboard Extras

Q: Are laundry services provided?A: Self-service laundry facilities are not provided onboard our ships, but we do offer full laundry and dry cleaning services. We do not provide irons in the staterooms as they constitute a fire hazard.

View our Shipboard Laundry Service price schedule.

Just wash kiddies stuff as you go each day - only takes a few minutes. We always use the shampoo from the shower. Acts same as a detergent - clothes smell nice. Dry them in the shower or on the balcony if you have one. If you smooth Tshirts when damp, they are really not too wrinkled.

I agree. I have washed out things with shampoo or body wash and hung them on the chairs on the balcony to dry. In the hot sun clothes dry very quickly.

A friend of mine does the most bizarre things. At the same time, she's very clever. She said that she put the kids in the shower with their clothes on. She uses shampoo for hair and washes the clothes with same while they are still wearing them. Then rinses in sink using a little bit of Downey. After wringing out as much water as possible, she lays them on a towel and rolls squeezing out even more water. Okay. True confessions. I tired it myself. It works.

I'm so glad I happened upon this message. Since our cruise on Enchantment is only 5 nights, we can easily get by without washing clothes. I am a bit disappointed not to have an iron, though, for touchups.

I'm so glad I happened upon this message. Since our cruise on Enchantment is only 5 nights, we can easily get by without washing clothes. I am a bit disappointed not to have an iron, though, for touchups.

I take a small travel steamer.

Archived