Best way to get out of port area belize an roatan?

How do you get out of the port area with out being smoothered from the local people. Hanging out in front of port area " you know come see my shop, let me so you this,or let me take you here"just get tiring..were don't even want to leave port

Victor Bodden in Roatan?? You can meet him on the hill outside the fence. I walked out and down the hill just to see if there was anything beyond it and no one bothered me, and one guy asked the guy I was walking with and talking to. .. but then I happen to love Roatan.

Belize scares me. I hated the tour of the city. Id book a tour in the country if you want to get out and about.

To me, Belize is not a place I want to just "grab a taxi". However, there a ship tour is not required either. There are a number of independent tour operators that work in The Village (inside the fence). They have kiosks there and you can plan your day with them when you arrive.

Roatan....is a wonderful place to just grab a taxi.

Just remember that West End Beach and West End Town are two different locations.

We did West End TOWN on one cruise and West End BEACH on the other and we liked West End TOWN better. We were just looking for a place to sit over the water and have a beer.

Archived