Premium coffee = lattes & cappuccinos?

ReverendOlaf

Are lattes and cappuccinos included in the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package? It mentions premium coffee, but not specialty coffee. I've read mixed accounts of what the difference is between the two. I'm not looking for alcohol or any particular brands, just a mocha, latte, or cappuccino. I've emailed Celebrity, but have yet to get a reply.

Also, how much are lattes ala carte?

Thanks!

Does Celebrity have a coffee card?....

No they do not have a coffee card.

Even Celebrity's FAQ is incorrect on the subject of premium v. specialty as it indicates the difference between the two are that the specialty coffee includes drinks with liquor which is obviously incorrect because that particular FAQ is specifically addressing non-alcoholic packages

No coffee card on the Eclipse. That was one of our few disappointments. Lattes and capuccinos were $4.50 each. Cookies, tea sandwiches, and pastries were free.

Linda

Do they have a soda package?

They have three non-alcoholic beverage packages - Soda, Classic and Premium. The Classic and Premium are new non-alcoholic packages that have been announced and are on sale but just barely started in service so we're all little confused about some of the differences - such as the difference between the "Premium" and "Specialty" coffee.

These are all discussed on Celebrity's web site under the "before you Cruise" & "Beverage Packages" links click here

They are also discussed under a tab in the reservation information for a booked cruise in the "My Celebrity" section of the web site where online advance purchases of these packages can also be made.

We were on the Summit last summer and that was our only complaint. The coffee was mediocre to awful. Room service being the worst. I did enjoy the cappuccinos in the cafe but they were really expensive:eek: I only had two because of the price.

I am a coffee fanatic and usually drink espresso or cappuccinos. I was really unhappy with the coffee. I plan on taking my own coffee and just asking for a pot of hot water and cream to make my own;)

I work for an establishment that makes fantastic coffee and I will go prepared on my June Alaska cruise on the Infinity. :D

These are all discussed on Celebrity's web site under the "before you Cruise" & "Beverage Packages" links click here

Off the subject... LSIMON, how do you do the 'click here' thing? Do you literally just type in click here before the last URL brackets? I really like that!

...Even Celebrity's FAQ is incorrect on the subject of premium v. specialty as it indicates the difference between the two are that the specialty coffee includes drinks with liquor which is obviously incorrect because that particular FAQ is specifically addressing non-alcoholic packages

After writing the above, smugly thinking I had to be correct, I emailed Captains Club and they confirmed the "Specialty" coffee does include special items such as liquors even though they are part of the non-alcoholic package.

Premium coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc that would normally be for charge to the guests. Specialty coffees refer to our exotic coffee such as Sailor's Coffee with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlua liqueur and whipping cream, or the Espresso Melba with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. As these beverages are considered specialty coffees and not cocktails, they are included in the Premium non-alcoholic beverage package.

Mr. Simon, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.

Sincerely,

Constance Wood

Customer Service Representative

Off the subject... LSIMON, how do you do the 'click here' thing? Do you literally just type in click here before the last URL brackets? I really like that!

If you have a link you are going to paste instead of pasting it directly type in the words you want to be the link and highlight those words with the cursor then click the "Hyperlink" icon in the editing screen - it is the one that looks like a small earth symbol with some sort of chain link in front of it. This will bring up a dialog box for the link and you paste your link into that box. Works the same way in the hyperlink box in most word processing and email editing programs.

Premium coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc. that we would normally charge guests for. Specialty coffees refer to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlua liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. Selections vary by ship.

I'm guessing that Celebrity is taking a calculated position that someone isn't going to down 15 Irish coffees to get hammered (even so they probably could still break even), but it does seem odd considering the name.

Archived