Luggage Question

louisianagirl70

I can't remember since last year...do we have to leave our luggage unlocked when we board the ship? We're sailing next Sunday from Ft. Lauderdale.
No. I always put a TSA lock on my luggage. Some people use plastic ties so they'll know if the luggage has been opened. You might want to leave your carry-on unlocked, though. That's not required.

It's your choice, but we always have ours unlocked and never have had a problem. With that said, most of our truly important valuables such as electronics and documentation are with us in our carry-ons.

We always lock our luggage, you don't even need TSA locks if it is just going onto the ship, not through an airline. Many people use cable ties.

Although I hand carry some things, such as electronics, meds, yada yada, my shoes and my clothing are also valuable. I realize that any case can be broken into, but still feel as though the locked cases may be passed by in favor of an easier target if a thief is looking to rob suitcases of their contents. I've read on CC before that some people think a locked case is an advertisement for valuables, but I think that is a bunch of hooey.

Then, above all else is the fact that suitcases are thrown about and I want my zipper pulls to stay closed.

Always put locks on our luggage bags. Better to be safe than sorry.

Its not just what someone may take out but also what may be put into your luggage, especially when flying and its out of your sight.

I'm sure that you'll get different responses though so make up your own mind.

I was called out of the boarding lounge to open my large suitcase. I had a 2 liter bottle

of Coke in it, and they wanted to see it. I still lock my luggage, though, although the

ports don't have TSA locks, I think.

Archived