Voltage in suites?

scotslaydee

We are sailing on the Star Princess in July in a Vista Suite. Can anyone tell me which voltage the sockets are so I know which adapters to bring? We live in Europe now but relocated from the US so we have both 110 and 200V appliances but need to know which to bring.

Thanks for any response in advance!

;)

110V is correct.

Since receptacles are in short supply you may want to bring along a power strip if you have rechargeables, etc.

Mike:)

110v is definitely correct - but there are plenty of power sockets in the Vista Suites.

110v is definitely correct - but there are plenty of power sockets in the Vista Suites.

Plenty?

I have only seen one above the desk by the door and one next to the bathroom wall above the desk in the bedroom. And then there is the low wattage dual volatage receptacle in the bathroom for shavers only.

Where have I been missing them?

Mike:confused:

Plenty?

I have only seen one above the desk by the door and one next to the bathroom wall above the desk in the bedroom. And then there is the low wattage dual volatage receptacle in the bathroom for shavers only.

Where have I been missing them?

Mike:confused:

There are also 2 in the corner shelves next to the sink in living area and the one above the desk is a double. 4 plus those in the bathroom is plenty for me!

There is also a single European Style round socket at 240v which is located next to the fridge in the bar area (well, there is in £733, anyway!).

We found this handy as our toothbrush wouldn't charge at 110v and we had packed a world-wide adaptor. I don't recall the room being overly blessed with places to plug things in over and above any other grade of stateroom.

There are also 2 in the corner shelves next to the sink in living area and the one above the desk is a double. 4 plus those in the bathroom is plenty for me!

I have never seen one next to the sink in ten cruises, guess I will have to be more observant.

And the outlets are of such design that any transformer type recharger will block both of the usable spots most of the time.

I have never seen one next to the sink in ten cruises, guess I will have to be more observant.

And the outlets are of such design that any transformer type recharger will block both of the usable spots most of the time.

I assume it is the same as the Grand - and I am currently looking at it!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/freddie1974/4635787946/

This one can take 2 adaptors, agree about the one over the desk; however the OP stated they had 110v appliances to perhaps 2 would plug in?

Just a thought - my camera batteries and other kit (eg I-pod) never charged as well as they do at home, due to the difference in voltage I guess (and the heat). They discharged a lot quicker - just something to be aware of in case you want to take spares (eg camera or camcorder batteries), you can imagine it - you have that perfect photo in sight, only to find your camera battery flat!!

I cruise with a camera that uses AA batteries, rather than a rechargeable battery(s) for just that reason. Rechargeables don't seem to recharge as reliably onboard.

I do pack a multiple outlet adaptor for charging my netbook, Zune, etc, and for use with my hair dryer and curling iron.

Archived