Coffee card tipping

teripp

On the Coral Princess, over the Christmas holidays, the people working in the Patisserie gratefully accepted and politely put the money in their pocket. No tacky tip jar like a fast food joint.

If you are inclined to buy a Coffee Card, check the coupons in your stateroom first. Many times they have a two-for-one coupon offer! :)

On the Coral Princess, over the Christmas holidays, the people working in the Patisserie gratefully accepted and politely put the money in their pocket. No tacky tip jar like a fast food joint.

If you are inclined to buy a Coffee Card, check the coupons in your stateroom first. Many times they have a two-for-one coupon offer! :)

It wasn't a tacky jar. There are usually two working behind the counter. I guess they just wanted to share any miscellaneous tips. Is that OK??

"Is that OK?"

If you are asking me, I say that it is entirely up to you to decide if it is OK. It is not up to me to decide what works for you.

I know what works for me and that is all that I take responsibility for.

Wow this topic is getting a bit heated.....

Great info. Didn't know that the good coffee bar did not open till 7 so I will plan accordingly. And Tip or don't tip. It's personal preference. I personally will tip now and again. (I only drink fresh brew no specialty drinks but Alone thats is around 21 bucks if you pay on your ship card. My friend drinks the specialty stuff now and again so it will be worth it in the long run to get the card...) Have a great day everyone...

Teri

We usually get to know the servers and they know us and remember what we drink. On this last cruise we ran into a gal we'd met on previous cruises and she had our hot chocolate ready almost as soon as we came into Crooners late at night along with a big hug for each of us. I tip at the end of the cruise

We usually get to know the servers and they know us and remember what we drink. On this last cruise we ran into a gal we'd met on previous cruises and she had our hot chocolate ready almost as soon as we came into Crooners late at night along with a big hug for each of us. I tip at the end of the cruise

This is a great response. I agree! I don't carry cash with me on the ship, I take care of my best servers at the end of the cruise.

I would appreciate any help with a question.

If I have the coffee card I know i get fifteen (15) espresso based drinks and they pinch the card,but if I just order freshly brewed coffee do they punch it and then it counts as if I had a fancy latte etc?

Thanks

If I have the coffee card I know i get fifteen (15) espresso based drinks and they pinch the card,but if I just order freshly brewed coffee do they punch it and then it counts as if I had a fancy latte etc?

Thanks

No they don't punch for regular coffee but if you use all 15 punches, you can no longer get regular coffee with the card.

Thanks

For fresh-brewed coffee, just show your card. Your card will not be punched.

............Tipping is purely optional and unecessary unless you are so inclined. If you find a very helpful barista filling out a "You Made My Day" comment card would be good.

We give an envelope with a tip on the last night to our favorite barista and always fill out the "You Made My Day" card.

I try to fill out these cards for everyone that makes my cruise special!!!

We tip as we go since different people serve us from time to time.

We also bring along several international calling phone cards and give those to the staff that are extra good to us. They really appreciate a free call home!

Most people do not know that by filling out the Comment Cards, Princess gives crew members cash bonuses based on the passenger comments that they receive each week.

Sounds like everyone on hear has gotten really great service at the International Cafe. on my one trip on a ship with the IC I had TERRIBLE service from the gentlemen that were making the drinks. In fact, not only wouldn't I tip them, I made a comment about them on the comment cards. The workers never said hello, barely acknowledged anyone's existence and were generally rude. The drinks were ok but nothing to write home about.

Sounds like everyone on hear has gotten really great service at the International Cafe.

On one cruise, our server at the IC was the Executive Chef. (And yes, he did provide good service.)

Archived