Hotel Colon Regencia

Hello, has anyone here ever stayed in this hotel? From the map, it's about a block away from the Catedral. It's said to be the sister hotel of Colon. The reviews on Trip Advisor seem quite positive. But I still would like to hear someone here on CC. Are there any nice restaurants nearby? How far is it from the hotel to HOHO bus stop, or Metro station?

Thank you!

I had booked the Hotel Colon, the sister of the Regencia Colon. My brother stayed en Regencia Colon 2 years ago and was very happy with the Hotel and the location. I asked him about the noises from other rooms, which is a repeated complaint in tripadvisor but he said that didn't hear anything, maybe because he was in room located in a corner. There is a metro station, Jaume I, two very short blocks away, and Plaza Cataluyna is very close two. Also, Las Ramblas is close and another station, Liceu. He told me that everything is very close, that he walked up and down the old town with no problem and he was travelling with a baby. HOHO bus has a stop right in the Cathedral, which is in front of the hotel. I'll be there in August and plan to post a review here.

I had booked the Hotel Colon, the sister of the Regencia Colon. My brother stayed en Regencia Colon 2 years ago and was very happy with the Hotel and the location. I asked him about the noises from other rooms, which is a repeated complaint in tripadvisor but he said that didn't hear anything, maybe because he was in room located in a corner. There is a metro station, Jaume I, two very short blocks away, and Plaza Cataluyna is very close two. Also, Las Ramblas is close and another station, Liceu. He told me that everything is very close, that he walked up and down the old town with no problem and he was travelling with a baby. HOHO bus has a stop right in the Cathedral, which is in front of the hotel. I'll be there in August and plan to post a review here.

Thanks Mfantasia for your quick post.

I'm going with my nine year old. From your post, I guess this hotel's location should be very convenient. Look forward to reading your review when you come back. Have a good trip!

Hello, has anyone here ever stayed in this hotel? From the map, it's about a block away from the Catedral. It's said to be the sister hotel of Colon. The reviews on Trip Advisor seem quite positive. But I still would like to hear someone here on CC. Are there any nice restaurants nearby? How far is it from the hotel to HOHO bus stop, or Metro station? Thank you!

We stayed here and found it be nice and a great value. It's location is very handy to the Cathedral, historic areas, waterfront, etc. Be sure to dine down by the waterfront. People wait until later in the evening for dinner in Barcelona. If you go eat at 7 pm, there won't be many people around.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We stayed here and found it be nice and a great value. It's location is very handy to the Cathedral, historic areas, waterfront, etc. Be sure to dine down by the waterfront. People wait until later in the evening for dinner in Barcelona. If you go eat at 7 pm, there won't be many people around.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thank you Terry! I was worrying about nowhere to eat around the hotel. Now this seems not an issue. :) Have a wonderful day!

Archived