Emerald Princess - Kids Splash Pool?

sail731

Looking to see if there is a small pool (1ft or so deep) for potty trained 3 year old to splash around in. She does not swim yet and loves to just hang out and have fun.

The deck plans indicate that there is something, though the boards here have mixed reviews. Some say there is a splash pool and others say there is not.

I have already posted in the Princess board and have had no replys. Would love to find out for sure and a picture would really be helpful!

I haven't been on the Emerald, but all of the Princess ships I've been on (except Golden) have a small splash pool outside the kids area, and only accessed through the kids area. If the Emerald has one, you can see it on the deck layout outside the kids area - it's the size of a large hot tub.

Most of the Princess pools also have areas around the main outside pool with an area of very shallow water that potty-trained children can play in.

Best,

Mia

Just came off the Emerald 2 weeks ago and was asking about a pool for my 4 and 2 year old (for future Cruises). The Emerald and her sister ships do not have a splash pool for the kids. The only pools this ship as for children are the family pools mid ship. Both pools are about 4 to 5 feet deep. I would bring a life jacket with you if she would like to go swimming. I'm just under 5 feet tall and I could not touch the bottom of the pool at any of the 4 pools.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why they have an area listed on the deck plans outside the kids area if they don't have a pool there.

On the Crown Princess, which is layout the same as the Emerald, there was a small splash pool outside the kids club area. Most never find it since it is somewhat hidden from the general flow of movement when walking on the ship. It was about 1ft deep and had a shade cover. DD went there once and splashed around a bit, but she enjoyed the bigger pool more. We did see a few other younger kids (less than 3 and with swimmers on) at the splash pool. Good place to bring pool/bath toys (e.g. the inflatable kids cruise ship we got at the gift store...) for kids to play around. Did not recall any lounge chairs around. It is right outside the kids club, but they do not use the pool at all.

Tim

• 1 month later...

I have been researching this. I have read several reviews by cruise passengers as well as professional writers. And sadly there is NO kiddie pool on this ship! Pooh. We are on the Sept 5th, 2010 sailing with a 4 year old and were really hoping for a splash pool of some kind. I think this is a big mistake for Princess and had I known, we may have booked elsewhere. Oh well - we are still going on this ship as we really wanted to try Princess. But definitely no kiddie pool prezmom3, so sorry! For both of us!

I had my travel agent check and double check on this and she was told by Princess that there IS a kiddie pool on the Emerald.

Well, MY APOLOGIES to have said there is no splash pool. I read MANY MANY reviews that said there was no splash pool. People who had been ON the ship who said it wasn't there. I even saw a picture someone sent in that SHOWED it wasn't there. Well, it is there. I found it by carefully looking at each deck plan online. And I saw it. Then I called and talked to someone at Princess and confirmed. It is on Deck 17, behind the youth center. There ARE some chairs around it so you can supervise and lounge. It is called the Chill Out pool, it is 2 feet deep. Hooray! Hope those of you that care about this see this post!

• 2 months later...

Well, I am just back from a lovely cruise on the Emerald Princess and there is NO splash pool. I was completely mis-informed by the folks at Princess. This is such a snafu that I have written to Customer Service. Not only is there no splash pool but the Chill Out pool that is located just outside the Youth Center is FULL of adults! This area is supposed to be cordoned off for kids only and adults should not be able to enter. Well, I have been there myself, seen it for myself. The "Chill Out" pool is 5 feet deep and full of adults. The same adults are in lounge chairs on the other side of the glass wall from the kids rooms! It is absolutely ridiculous. The whole thing. The fact that everyone at Princess tells you there is a splash pool and that this area is for kids only. It is all incorrect information. And I went to Future Cruise Sales to ask about Splash Pools on other ships and he tells me there is one on THIS ship. That we are BOTH on! I tell him to take a break from his desk, take the elevator up to the 17th deck and see for himself there is not only no splash pool but the 5 foot deep pool that is there is full of adults in the immediate view of all of the kids in the youth center. This was completely unacceptable to me. And the Princess rep ON the ship didn't even know what he was representing! So completely ridiculous. Princess should absolutely repair this. Have no idea how something could be so messed up. But this should be addressed. Princess - if you are listening/reading -- get it together. NO ADULTS allowed in the youth area! And adjust this pool to be for kids! Or get rid of it! Unbelievable!

Was a lovely ship and a lovely cruise, not at all unhappy with our overall experience. Just couldn't believe all the un-informed Princess employees...

Archived