Skagway restaurant

RobC1116

I've been looking for the best halibut and chips ever since The Skagway Fish Company went hugely dioownhill. We've been to The Skagway Brewing Company twice in the past 3 weeks, and they win - great food and service in a fun atmosphere (and excellent micro-brews as a bonus). They're at the far end of Broadway, the main street.

We had the Alaskan King Crab legs at the Skagway Fish Company last Wednesday and it was the best meal of our trip. We're not locals though and it was our first time there, so nothing to compare to.

We ate at the Fish Company (just down from where the ships dock before you get to town) and loved it. It was our 2nd time there in 4 yrs and the price was the same and the quality was the same - excellent! We always share the halibut fish fry because you get so much and it is plenty for lunch for us.

Thought the best halibut n chips was going to be at the Skagway Fish Co....but it was so much better at a small walk up place by the Lumberjack Show in Ketchikan.....

We ate at the Fish Company (just down from where the ships dock before you get to town) and loved it. It was our 2nd time there in 4 yrs and the price was the same and the quality was the same - excellent! We always share the halibut fish fry because you get so much and it is plenty for lunch for us.

You're sure had better luck than we have. We used to go several times a year, but in the past 4 years the quality and quantity have both gone downhill so far than this year we gave up on them completely as a waste of money.

I'll add a vote for Skagway Brewing Company. Their french fries were excellent (twice cooked as all good fries are!), DH had a cheese steak sandwich that was very good, service good and I loved their IPA. It was my mission to find a brewpub in each stop, but I found that few had any local beer other than "Alaska" brand beer (which I can buy here).

Does anyone know if The Skagway Brewing Company allow children or is it a bar for adults only?

Kids are allowed (there were several familes around us when we went a couple of weeks ago).

Archived