Tooth Whitening Spa Treatment

nyc gal

I haven't had it done on the ship but did have it done at my dentist office. It worked great but my gums were very sensitive to the whitener and I had "ulcers" for almost a week. Not something I would have wanted during a cruise!

One of our table mates did this on the first day at sea. She was miserable the whole rest of the cruise. The treatment made her teeth extremely sensitive and she was in a good deal of pain whenever she would eat or drink anything. Not something I would want on vacation.:(

One of our table mates did this on the first day at sea. She was miserable the whole rest of the cruise. The treatment made her teeth extremely sensitive and she was in a good deal of pain whenever she would eat or drink anything. Not something I would want on vacation.:(

I'm echoing this...my friend did this before we left last year, she was miserable for the entire cruise because her teeth were so sensitive. Also, she said her teeth actually stained faster when she got back. Just IMO, I wouldn't do it.

I actually think the dentist where I live are more expensive. I have had both the cruise ship whitner and Brite Smile ($499.00 plus they try to sell you products and an every six month touchup).

My cruise ship experience was that my teeth were brought up a few shades. IMHO, it took off surface stains. What they use on a cruise ship is not nearly as potent as a Dentist has available. Plus, you are limited on what you can eat and drink for 24 hours and who wants those limitations when they're on a cruise.

The Brite Smile treatment is much better and last longer. My DH had a bad experience at our Dentist office from an untrained tech so things can happen anywhere.

Why would you want someone you do not know and have no clue to about their competence do this to you while on vacation?

Same about accupuncture. Amazes me what people will do while on a cruise.

I agree. I work at a dental office where we do this procedure everyday. We take a complete medical history as well as do an oral exam prior to whitening. Some people should not have it done due to taking medications that make then photosensitive etc.

Whitening can cause EXTREME sensitivity...on vacation is NOT the time for that to happen! Go to your dentist, or start using Crest (or some other brand) of whitestrips...they work! Use Sensodyne, too, to help with the sensitivity issues!

Has anyone ever had their teeth whitened in the spa ? Going on Crnival Miracle and thinking of trying it. Does it Really Work?:o

IMO these are not the people (or the environment) I'd have working on my teeth. ken

Archived