Price went down!

TinkyPatz

Carnival includes port charges with their cruiserates. Your TA includes it with the taxes and fees when she breaks it out, because she isnt paid commission on that part of the cruise fare (I wish TAs would still not show this because it confuses so many people).

looks like your TA also discounted the fare, (probably by cutting their commission), which is probably how she came up with you get $25 pp back on the rate.

You never paid the full rate of $609 to start with, due to your TA discounting the rate..(but you are paying for it having to deal with a TA who doesnt give good service).

Some people like using a TA because like you they get discounted, but then if the price drops, of course you cant get the full price drop, because it changes the discount, because it cuts into the commission that she was rebatting to you.

Looks like to me the TA discounted your fare by $24.20 (X 2 if there are two of you). So, you are at least $48.40 to the good toward the fare drop, thats why she cant give you the whole fare drop, after she discounted that much.

That is absolutely right I AM paying for it with crappy service... I learned my lesson and never again!! I am willing to pay the price difference to Carnival at this point because it's not worth it to stay with them.

No - Carnival will not take back your booking from a TA except for provable, negligent performance. since a TA would be giving up their commission, most/all are unwilling to relinquish their booking. ken

After another TA in the agency took my call and told me she "doesn't want to have to be rude to me" my original TA (and president of the company) said he would transfer the booking and then hung up in my face. Twice.

I've called Carnival nonstop and it appears my TA sent in the form to release the booking to me but, of course, some information was missing (apparently my phone number, but they want it from the TA :rolleyes:)and now Carnival has been trying to contact him to get the form filled out correctly, and he hasn't answered.

I submitted the price protection form yesterday after a rep at Carnival (apparently mistaken) told me they had the booking. When I called after that, and found out about my missing phone #, another rep at Carnival said she could see the price protection form had been approved (I haven't gotten an email that it was approved). However, I don't know if it's going to get denied later on because it was me that submitted it while the TA still had (has) the booking :confused:

• 8 months later...

I booked last night and there has been a price drop already. I don't have an ES, but the Best Price Gaurantee.(for 48 hrs) I submitted my price drop form and was wondering if it drops again if I can submitt another one. Anyone know? I didn't get an answer on Carnivals website and didn't want to have to get someone on the phone. So, I came here...once again!.. lol

I booked last night and there has been a price drop already. I don't have an ES, but the Best Price Gaurantee.(for 48 hrs) I submitted my price drop form and was wondering if it drops again if I can submitt another one. Anyone know? I didn't get an answer on Carnivals website and didn't want to have to get someone on the phone. So, I came here...once again!.. lol

Any drop within 48 hours of when you booked, submit it, no limit to # of submissions.

Good luck.

Archived