Key West Pub Crawl

KYCTEXAS

HI! We just returned from an 8day cruise on the Conquest. We did the "Pub Crawl" excursion through Carnival and LOVED IT! I think it cost approx $40/each; we received a T-Shirt, and one drink at each of the 5 bars on the tour.

So many people signed up for the tour, so they divided us into 2 groups of 30, or so. Our tour guide, Brian, was SO GREAT! He was a blast!!! He's a local, so he had a lot of interesting stories, etc. about Key West. Everyone in the group was so fun too. We stopped at the following bars:

1. Lazy Gecko; 2. The Tree Bar; 3. Flying Monkies; 4. Schooner's Wharf; 5. Rick's Bar.

A photographer took a group picture during one of the stops and the photo was available for purchase ($10) at the last bar.

We had SO MUCH FUN and I would definitely recommend this as an excursion!

Karen (38 yrs old)

Thanks for the info. We looked at this excursion the last time we sailed to KW and ultimately decided to do our own Pub Crawl/souvee shopping. That allowed us to stay longer at other places (and I couldn't go to KW without stopping at the Hog's Breath!) But when we are there with a big group that would be a good way to organize everyone.

Glad you had fun on your cruise. Mine is so far away!:(

We are going in Nov. also on NCL and I was wondering how many bars you actually go to for $40 and a tee shirt. I too have done my own pub crawl starting at the beach at the end of Duvall, The Green Parrot, Margaritaville, Sloppy Joes and Capt'n Tony's. (I think there was one more, maybe Hogs Breath, can't remember:rolleyes:) Unless some some has done it through NCL, I am going to assume the bars are the same as the OP stated, (probably have some sort of contact with said mentioned bars)

I am going to check out that bar card out of curiosity.

Thanks.

This is the Key West Bar Card which seems to be a good deal...

http://www.keywestbarcard.com/

But two of these are not in Key West so you're unlikely to hit them, one, the Bottlecap, is all the way at the end of Simonton in a dive-y kind of place which IMO would not be worth going to with all the other nice, outdoor bars, 801 is dead during the day (It's noted for its night-life) and the Bull and Cowboy Bill's will not appeal to everyone.

Without the card you probably would not wander onto the grounds of the Pier House, but you can sit at their beach-side bar and have two great bloody marys and the card would pay for itself.

Pjk

But two of these are not in Key West so you're unlikely to hit them, one, the Bottlecap, is all the way at the end of Simonton in a dive-y kind of place which IMO would not be worth going to with all the other nice, outdoor bars, 801 is dead during the day (It's noted for its night-life) and the Bull and Cowboy Bill's will not appeal to everyone.

Without the card you probably would not wander onto the grounds of the Pier House, but you can sit at their beach-side bar and have two great bloody marys and the card would pay for itself.

Pjk

I check them all out and it looked like there was of walking around invloved to get to them all. It would be good if you were going to be there a few days. I think I will stick to the NCL Pub Crawl or just do my own again.

Thanks guys.

We did this excursion last May and had Brian as our tour guide. He was the best. And yes we crawled back to the ship and missed dinner.:D We are going on the Freedom in October and plan on doing this again. Hope we get Brian again...he is a hoot!

Pjk

We looked into the card before our last trip but decided to just go when and where we wanted. Some of the many happy hour prices are pretty good anyway and we didn't want to let the card dictate our schedule. I think it was over at tripadvisor that people were posting some negative comments about it, I think they were trying to use it to get two for one and then two people each get a drink, and some of the places wouldn't let them do that. Not saying right or wrong, but if that's the policy on the card don't get worked up about them enforcing the rules:rolleyes:

We looked into the card before our last trip but decided to just go when and where we wanted. Some of the many happy hour prices are pretty good anyway and we didn't want to let the card dictate our schedule. I think it was over at tripadvisor that people were posting some negative comments about it, I think they were trying to use it to get two for one and then two people each get a drink, and some of the places wouldn't let them do that. Not saying right or wrong, but if that's the policy on the card don't get worked up about them enforcing the rules:rolleyes:
We used the bar card at Schooner Wharf Bar last week four days in a row and definitely got more than our money's worth out of it. We intended to use it at several bars, but just couldn't pull ourselves away from SWB or our other favorites to do it. Next time! ;) We were able to use it for ANY drinks available and didn't have to get two of the same. If you get drinks that are not the same price, they simply charge you for the most expensive one, fairly enough. Yes, each person does have to have their own card, which is clearly stated in the bar card rules.

Incidentally, Big'Uns in the 200 block of Duval has two for one drinks all day every day until 8:00 p.m. I know most ships are gone before a lot of the happy hours start, so this is worth noting.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone remember what beer choices you had through the cruise line run pub crawls?

Most of the decent bars in Key West will have Bud and Bud Light on tap but also Key West Sunset Ale, and a few others on tap - Yengling and Landshark have become popular these last few years. Others, like the Conch Republic Seafood Co have Guiness and a usually a few types of Sam Adams.

Pjk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For people who are staying in Key West for more than one day, there is also a Key West Dinner Card...

http://www.keysvacations.net/key-west-4.html#more-873

10% off breakfast, lunch, dinner at 10 restaurants around Key West; Santiago's Bodega, Rooftop Cafe, Croissants de France, Martins, DJ's, e.g.

By the same people who do the Bar Card.

Pjk

Archived