Best place to have a few drinks on the beach for under $50 apiece?

Odelay77

Hi all. I'll be on the Carnival Freedom in mid-December stopping in Grand Cayman. I've never been there before. I'll be with a group of a dozen friends... we'll all most likely just be looking for a nice chunk of beach with good drink service and no big crowds. Not interested in any watersports or snorkeling... just relaxing on the beach & drinking, and maybe occasionally wading in the ocean. If we can all find a place where we can get a bite to eat and have 4 or 5 strong drinks for under $50 apiece, we'll be really happy. Any suggestions? I'm afraid that I'm probably being too picky here...

If we can all find a place where we can get a bite to eat and have 4 or 5 strong drinks for under $50 apiece, we'll be really happy. Any suggestions?

Best suggestion...Cozumel maybe? :D I don't know if you're going to get food and 4-5 bar drinks (ie. not beer) for under $50 US in Cayman. Depends on what food and what drinks, I guess.

The closest places to what you seem to be looking for, however, are Royal Palms, Sea Grape and Tiki Beach, three sections of Seven Mile Beach with good facilities and a restaurant/bar. Crowd levels will depend on the number of other ships in port. There's a number of threads on each beach in this forum that should turn up when you use the search feature.

Four or five mixed drinks alone will probably run US$50, and quite possibly more. That does not include renting a beach chair and umbrella nor any food.

Plan on US$15 for chair and umbrella. Add US$15 for lunch with no alcoholic beverage. Beers are about US$4-5 each and mixed drinks can easily be $8-10 each.

Thanks for the tips, everyone. Sorry I should have been more specific... we're all beer drinkers.

Drew, thanks for the specifics. I'm gonna be on vacation, so I don't really care about costs so much, but my friends are cheapskates :)

Archived