Menus for the SUN??

guyver

Hi Folks,

Does anybody have photos of the menus for the Sun? I tried doing a search but came up basically empty. Found lots for the other ships though.

Interested in both MDR and specialty restaurants. Il Adagio breakfast and lunch menus would be a bonus as well since I will have the opportunity to give that a go.

Come on. Surely someone has sailed the Sun and captured this info.

I'm beginning to feel not liked around here. I sent a message last week about the spa offerings on the Sun and got the same response.

In honesty, a "Kis my *ss" would be better than total neglect.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that someone on here could answer this, even with a "been on there, experienced it, but did not take any pictures".

No one is avoiding you. I've also had problems finding information on the Sun. Evidently, she has been sailing itineraries that aren't frequented by many people on these boards. I've heard that the itineraries are longer and it is very expensive to fly to the departure port.

I'm guessing there will be a lot more information on the Sun when she comes to Port Canaveral, FL in October 2010.

To elaborate: from what I understand, the Sun was until now cruising in South America, and not as many Americans (the majority of CC posters) have been cruising on those routes. It's just difficult to find info. Hopefully, with the change to the Baltics, the percentage of Sun posts will improve. Sorry, but I can't help with your question, even though I'll be on the Sun in 13 months.

Also, give it a bit of time. The time between your first and second posts on this topic was less than 12 hours.

--Michael

I hate to see a fellow Ontarian ignored :D

We were on the Sun for two weeks this past December. I didn't take any photos of menus, nor did I stay in a suite - so I can't answer the part about the breakfasts and lunches at Il Adagio.

I can tell you that if you call up recent menus from any of the NCL ships, they will be the same as on the Sun.

Il Adagio was our favourite restaurant for dinner by far - we especially loved the tiramisu - as did everyone we dined with. The main restaurants served decent lunches and dinners, and we did try Le Bistro. Their menu was identical to any other NCL ship. We also frequented the tapas bar - where there was a good guitarist, and some delicious sangria!

Did not enjoy the buffet area. Very crowded, and difficult to manoeuvre. If you go to the stern of the ship, however, there is a grill area that opens for mealtimes, and is much more accessible.

No Blue Lagoon, but the Sports Bar serves sandwiches, etc., from 5:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.

Hope this helps a little!

Come on. Surely someone has sailed the Sun and captured this info.

I'm beginning to feel not liked around here. I sent a message last week about the spa offerings on the Sun and got the same response.

In honesty, a "Kis my *ss" would be better than total neglect.

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that someone on here could answer this, even with a "been on there, experienced it, but did not take any pictures".

Paranoid much? Okay,here you go........Kis my *ss. :)

go check out the recent reviews for the SUN and i believe FOOD was mentioned so you could get an idea....

also to not always same foods served on all the ships...i had a DELICIOUS CHICKEN CORDON BLEU in the MDR on the JEWEL in January but that was not offered in December on the Star and i recently have asked about CCB and it hasnt been served and wasnt served on the Sun sailing end of last month...i was really HOPIN for the CCB...its hard to get around my area here and the one (wish i had ordered 2) was one of the BETTER ones i have had!!!

...i was really HOPIN for the CCB...its hard to get around my area here and the one (wish i had ordered 2) was one of the BETTER ones i have had!!!

Just to point out that most food items in Utah aren't the greatest. My bff is a former Chicagoan and there was a huge withdrawl for her for italian beefs, decent hot dogs, and a good pizza. You just can't get the ingredients there. Everytime she visits its a feast of Chicago Culinary Delights so she can get her fix and return to the Watsach Range.... :)

I didn't take any pictures of the menus for the MDR on the Sun. As indicated, the menu's should be the same as most of the other ships as they are rolled out fleet wide. The head chef indicated they had a new set of menu's about 4 weeks ago. We had plenty of duck and lamb choices over our 12 days. Very little shell fish. The everyday options were Salmon, 8 oz steak (very good), grilled chicken breast and cheese tortellini plus Caesar salad with turkey for an appetizer.

Sorry I can't help more.

Unfortunately the Sun recently spent six months doing a South American itinerary. The price of airfare from the USA is probably triple the fare of the cruise. Plus its a very long uncomfortable flight to South America.

Whatever Americans who can afford to spend two weeks during the winter on this cruise have to be very rich senior citizens who don't post on message boards.

Many of us have been awaiting the Sun's reviews from the Baltic. I speak for all of us that we are sorry we are of not much help with your questions. We do know the Sun's dry dock has been delayed, and no wonder, the Sun has been a very lucky ship mechanically... Having her dry dock delayed, and being a year away from her next dry dock, its a good bet she will look a bit worn and tired, definitely not fresh out of a recent dry dock.

There were quite a few reviews a year ago of the Sun's itinerary of Alaska from Vancouver. For the past ten years the Sun has received wonderful reviews with her Alaskan itinerary. Many Canadians have enjoyed her Alaskan itinerary and have sailed on her again from either Miami or New Orleans. She has been well maintained and cleaned, her food is as good as the other NCL ships. Her number one complaint has been her crowded buffet... Which doesn't bear much concern with me as I never do buffets on cruise ships...

There have been many You Tube videos of her from the past, which in my eyes show a very nice ship... I had no complaints whatsoever with her several years ago when I sailed on her. I am sure you will enjoy the ship as much as I did. But I can't tell you about her recent cruises, not many of us can...

Just to point out that most food items in Utah aren't the greatest. My bff is a former Chicagoan and there was a huge withdrawl for her for italian beefs, decent hot dogs, and a good pizza. You just can't get the ingredients there. Everytime she visits its a feast of Chicago Culinary Delights so she can get her fix and return to the Watsach Range.... :)

not REAL FOODIEs here...we get PLENTY out here on the WASATCH FRONT.....lol....i grew up in Chicago-first 5 years i know all about the delis etc but i also grew up traveling all over with my dad in the Air Force so been exposed to ALOT of different types of food...i been out here since 1970 and i have survived...we arent on the Culinary map but we do OKAY with the EATs....actually there are places in Salt Lake City that are very GOOD but i just like sticking close to home.

Archived