Oasis on Discovery channel

FYI' date='the Oasis is being featured on the Discovery Channel Wednesday June 2nd, at 8 p.m. on Mighty Ships. It is on the Canadian network not sure if the US is the same.

Enjoy:)[/quote']

Can't find it in the US schedule. :( Are you sure it was the Discovery channel?

It is ONLY playing in Canada. May come to the US Discovery Channel in the Fall.

I hope so!!! It sounds very cool!!! Maybe I could sneak up to Windsor for the day. Hmmm, long drive from Indianapolis though. :(

This was the filming that the Discovery Channel Canada did in December on the two inaugural sailings Dec 1 & 5 of Oasis. They were on the ship during these sailings filming.

look forward to watching and possibly seeing some of my Cruise Critic friends who were on the ship with me.:)

Usually here in Canada you can also watch the show on their website but not sure if US can access the videos there. You can try

http://www.discoverychannel.ca

This must be the first time ever that we've been able to see something before our friends in the U.S. I saw the preview for this show earlier tonight and assumed that it wasn't going to actually be shown here, but

I forwarded through my TV guide with my remote and there it is, can't wait to see it. Until the Oasis launched and regular passengers starting reviewing and talking about it, I had no desire to sail on her, but now i'm thinking we might have to check it out.

hello nothin but sun

we are from london also and we are looking forward to the tv program you have mentioned.

We are booked on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean run in Feb 2011 on Freedom. How did you like it? Any tips or advice?:)

hello nothin but sun

we are from london also and we are looking forward to the tv program you have mentioned.

We are booked on a 7 day Eastern Caribbean run in Feb 2011 on Freedom. How did you like it? Any tips or advice?:)

Wow, hello neighbor. Loved the Freedom and the food this time around was fantastic. Ice show tickets are a must, coffee in the cafe promenade is the best and get a good spot for the parades, stand around the middle by the narrowest part of the promenade for the best view, just a few tips :)

Yes I am very excited to see the show, we are always the last to view stuff like that.

Discovery Channel will not be showing the Oasis show in the USA...they have sold it to an american channel and at this time it is not known when it will be aired in the US. DC was not able to tell me yet which US company has bought the show.

Head's up to my Canadian friends here..last evening on Discovery Channel Daily Planet they had a show about Big Ships..the last 10 minutes was about Oasis while she was still in dock in Finland. Did anyone else see it?

They did advertise that next Friday they will show the Oasis deck by deck on Daily Planet... I think it is shown at 8pm & 11pm EST

This is in addition to the Mighty Ships airing on June 2..lots of Oasis on the TV right now.

Liz when do you think UK viewers might see it?

Any of our Canadian friends to the north willing to let us run a cable form your house across the boarder?

LOL ~ how about a road trip to Canada for next week week..I'll help you find a hotel:D:)

Hello

Great to here from fellow Londoner. What room did you have on Freedom? We are on 9th floor in some of the last D2 balcony cabins on the port side. Kids will be on an inside room across the hall. This is our first cruise ever (hope to have many more). We are cruising for our 25th wedding anniversary and are bringing our two kids (17 +12).

Kids are excited to try the flow rider and rock climbing. Any advice? Did you stay on the ship for any of the port days? We are looking at a private boat charter ( booked outside of RCL) in St. Maarten.

Any words of advice on the Eastern Caribbean ports? Are you better to get off early and come back early, or do stuff on ship and get off later?

Our great weather today is getting us primed!:):):)

Hello

Great to here from fellow Londoner. What room did you have on Freedom? We are on 9th floor in some of the last D2 balcony cabins on the port side. Kids will be on an inside room across the hall. This is our first cruise ever (hope to have many more). We are cruising for our 25th wedding anniversary and are bringing our two kids (17 +12).

Kids are excited to try the flow rider and rock climbing. Any advice? Did you stay on the ship for any of the port days? We are looking at a private boat charter ( booked outside of RCL) in St. Maarten.

Any words of advice on the Eastern Caribbean ports? Are you better to get off early and come back early, or do stuff on ship and get off later?

We had an aft on deck 10, nice and big but I prefer the side of the ship. Your D1 cabin will be a great size, on the Freedom class ships they are bigger than the others:) My hubby loved the Flow rider and we have video to prove it:p Not sure what ports you are at but St. Maarten is my fav port of all. It is sooooo beautiful, I would stay there for a week for sure. We did Bernards tour and it was great to see both sides of the island.

We always get off early and return early, this way you can still enjoy the ship with less passengers on board.

Glad to help.

Sue

Oh yes and thanks to Emmy too, I will also watch the Daily Planet.

I for one will be looking for the show on the internet. There are many sites that my show it. They may also sell the DVD on the Discovery Canadia site. Just a thought for us in the States.

Too bad we can't watch the CA videos here in the U.S> Tried last night.

So far I've had three friends who know I love cruising call to tell me that it's on Wednesday night - Discovery Canada will sell to a US distributor, they do lots of filming/distribution and yes, they also sell DVDs, so it will be out there but who knows the timeframe.

But for our friends OTR (over the river here in Niagara), come on over Wednesday!!!

Archived