Carnival Victory May 16-23, 2010 Southern Caribbean Cruise Review with photos

Cardex

Great review! I have a quick question...did you find this itinerary exhausting? I was looking at this cruise but I'm not sure how I would like not having a sea day.

Thanks

We LOVED the itinerary! We are not a big fan of sea days which is why we picked this cruise. For us it was not exhausting but we did have a couple ports (St Lucia and St Kitts) which we didn't have big tours booked. Also we are not party people so we had early nights most evenings which helped.

We also thought it made the cruise seem longer than our other 7 days cruise because we saw and did so much.

Thanks for the pics and review. This was my favorite cruise so far, brought back great memories. I'm heading back next year, thanks for the river tubing review. I think you've tipped me in that direction, have to try it next year.

Did they do any island touring before the tubing? Loved Dominica, very beautiful.

The tour we did was just tubing but it takes you about an hours drive each way to get there and back so we saw a lot of the island. Antours did offer another river tubing excursion with a hike to a falls but we just wanted to do the tubing.

Oh, I plan on it! I have a question though... How much did you pay for the tour in St. Kitts? (trying to get as much information as possible before we head out! :D)

When Lyndon first came up to us he told us the price would be $60 and we said we only wanted to pay $30 so he said he could take us on a tour for that price. It was a 2 hour tour and it was just what we were looking for. We ended up tipping him $10. We though $40 was a good price for the tour we were given.

Here's a photo of Lyndon

IMGP4833.JPG

When Lyndon first came up to us he told us the price would be $60 and we said we only wanted to pay $30 so he said he could take us on a tour for that price. It was a 2 hour tour and it was just what we were looking for. We ended up tipping him $10. We though $40 was a good price for the tour we were given.

Here's a photo of Lyndon

IMGP4833.JPG

Thanks so so much!!! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!! You have helped me out alot! I really appreciate it!

We LOVED the itinerary! We are not a big fan of sea days which is why we picked this cruise. For us it was not exhausting but we did have a couple ports (St Lucia and St Kitts) which we didn't have big tours booked. Also we are not party people so we had early nights most evenings which helped.

We also thought it made the cruise seem longer than our other 7 days cruise because we saw and did so much.

Thanks for responding. I really like going into port as opposed to being on the ship for too many sea days, so this might do well since I can always just choose not to go on an excursion and make it an easy day. I travel with my Mum most cruises and she tires pretty quickly, which was why I was asking about it being exhausting.

I just wanted to thank you for this great blog. The pictures and captions were very beautiful and informative. You did a wonderful job!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. :D

View of the Victory from the rooftop pool of the Sheraton OSJ

IMGP3927.JPG

View of the Sheraton OSJ from the Victory

IMGP3964.JPG

The taxis waiting for people getting off the Victory

IMGP3918.JPG

The Victory!

IMGP4145.JPG

Our Welcome aboard drinks!!

IMG_4500.JPG

The buffet on boarding day - not too busy right now

IMGP3993.JPG

Bathsheba - beautiful!

IMGP4344.JPG

IMGP4345.JPG

Coconut Court Beach Hotel beach

IMGP4373.JPG

boardwalk - wonderful walk

IMGP4395.JPG

Beach at the other end of the boardwalk - Accra beach

I think

IMGP4431.JPG

Walking back

IMGP4477.JPG

The guys in the green shirts are the taxi/tour drivers

IMGP4747.JPG

IMGP4756.JPG

Cockleshell Beach

IMGP4783.JPG

Cockleshell Beach with Nevis across the water

IMGP4806.JPG

Really nice shopping area at the dock

IMGP4831.JPG

Great spot for a beer!

IMG_5002.JPG

Great store for souvenirs

IMGP4902.JPG

Orient Beach - my favorite Beach!

IMGP4977.JPG

Maho Beach - where the planes almost land lol

IMGP5075.JPG

IMGP5058.JPG

IMGP5084.JPG

Heading down the pier to board the Victory for the last time - this trip anyway lol

IMGP5124.JPG

Be careful in the morning if you have a balcony.

The worker came along all the balconys to clean them opening up the dividers as they went along

IMG_5110.JPG

Not many people around

IMGP5148.JPG

Our post cruise hotel - The Marriott Stellaris

IMG_5196.JPG

IMG_5130.JPG

IMG_5127.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

Great review, wonderful pics. It was nice meeting you! I think we may have been at Maho Beach at the same time as you, we did see Steph and Vance.

One plane taking off knocked a kid about 10yo, off his feet and he wasn't even standing that close! He was actually just beyond where the sand starts to dip towards the water. We had fun, but man was it HOT!

We have loads of pics, need to post them so the group can see.

Hope to sail with y'all again,

Di

Great pics and review. Thanks for posting those beautiful pics of St. Kitts. We cruised on The Victory 4/25 and decided to take it easy in St. Kitts and didn't venture out much. Sure wish we would have now after seeing your pics. Oh well, maybe next time!

Thanks again...........

Great review, wonderful pics. It was nice meeting you! I think we may have been at Maho Beach at the same time as you, we did see Steph and Vance.

One plane taking off knocked a kid about 10yo, off his feet and he wasn't even standing that close! He was actually just beyond where the sand starts to dip towards the water. We had fun, but man was it HOT!

We have loads of pics, need to post them so the group can see.

Hope to sail with y'all again,

Di

Nice meeting you too!

I guess we missed each other at Maho beach - we had a great time there!

Can't wait to see your photos!!

Great pics and review. Thanks for posting those beautiful pics of St. Kitts. We cruised on The Victory 4/25 and decided to take it easy in St. Kitts and didn't venture out much. Sure wish we would have now after seeing your pics. Oh well, maybe next time!

Thanks again...........

Thanks, Glad you liked it.

We did the same thing in St Lucia and now wished we had saw more of the island. You will just have to go back to St Kitts - it was beautiful!!

Archived