Help with Radiance

We will be traveling in 2011 to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas. This will be the first time to Alaska and on Radiance. I was hoping that someone may answer a few questions for me.

1. We are traveling with another couple and considering a connecting balcony cabin. As I understand it we can have the balcony divider opened up, is that correct? If we decide to just get a cabin side by side can we still have the balcony divider opened?

2. What is the difference in the D1 and E1 cabin. I see the D1 is 204 sq ft and the E1 is 170 sq ft. Can you really feel the difference when you are in the cabin. I hope that makes sence, I just don't know if the $240 is worth upgrading to the D1 cabin.

3. Looking at the deck plans I see on deck 9 mostly D1 cabins. What is the difference with say cabin 9552 which is a D2 in a long line of D1 cabins. It just looks like a random placement of D2 cabins. They are the same cabin size and on the same deck so I was wondering what the difference is.

Thank you in advance for the help.

1. We are traveling with another couple and considering a connecting balcony cabin. As I understand it we can have the balcony divider opened up, is that correct? If we decide to just get a cabin side by side can we still have the balcony divider opened?

I do not believe that the balcony dividers can be opened on Radiance. And if they could be, it would be with the permission of the Captain.

We will be traveling in 2011 to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas. This will be the first time to Alaska and on Radiance. I was hoping that someone may answer a few questions for me.

1. We are traveling with another couple and considering a connecting balcony cabin. As I understand it we can have the balcony divider opened up, is that correct? If we decide to just get a cabin side by side can we still have the balcony divider opened? That sometimes depends on the ship and I would ask your room steward but be prepared to be told it can't be done.

2. What is the difference in the D1 and E1 cabin. I see the D1 is 204 sq ft and the E1 is 170 sq ft. Can you really feel the difference when you are in the cabin. I hope that makes sence, I just don't know if the $240 is worth upgrading to the D1 cabin.

The difference in size is quite noticeable and I would generally recommend booking the larger cabin but whether it is worth an extra $240 is something only you can decide.

3. Looking at the deck plans I see on deck 9 mostly D1 cabins. What is the difference with say cabin 9552 which is a D2 in a long line of D1 cabins. It just looks like a random placement of D2 cabins. They are the same cabin size and on the same deck so I was wondering what the difference is. I believe that they recategorized their cabins in the past year or so and the designation "1" or "2" indicates the number of passengers that can be booked in the room. Even if the overall size of the cabins is the same, the configuration of the furniture and the presence or absence of berths for third and fourth passengers will be the major reason for the different categorizations.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Check out the symbols on the deck plan and you should be able to see how many passengers, 9552 or other staterooms can hold.:)

Sorry the balcony dividers do not open on the Radiance class ships.

The C and D cabins difference is between having a love seat in the E cabins and a sofa in the D cabins. The D cabins are also a little wider, giving a little better walking space between the desk area and the sofa. No difference in the bath or closets. IF the sofa bed is used for sleeping, it is almost impossible to get by the desk to the bathroom, it is very tight. :eek:

We like the D cabins because of the extra sq ft and for us it does make a difference. :)

The difference of the D1 and D2 are number of people it sleeps.

I can never remember which is which but one is for 2 guests while the other sleeps 3 or 4. (I think!!) :)

Sorry the balcony dividers do not open on the Radiance class ships.

The C and D cabins difference is between having a love seat in the E cabins and a sofa in the D cabins. The D cabins are also a little wider, giving a little better walking space between the desk area and the sofa. No difference in the bath or closets. IF the sofa bed is used for sleeping, it is almost impossible to get by the desk to the bathroom, it is very tight. :eek:

We like the D cabins because of the extra sq ft and for us it does make a difference. :)

The difference of the D1 and D2 are number of people it sleeps.

I can never remember which is which but one is for 2 guests while the other sleeps 3 or 4. (I think!!) :)

Linda,

Did you change your cc name? :)

It was wonderful seeing you again.

I'd like to add that I'd choose a D2 over a D1 unless it was the location I really wanted - like the hump. The D1s do sleep more so there is a sofa bed. I prefer a sofa that is NOT a sofa bed which would be the D2. For some reason I always get these sofabeds that have cushions that keep sliding off and the sofa isn't as firmly seated either. I like a solid cushion that stays put.

And I definitely would take a D over an E because you do notice the difference in size.

Gina

I would definitely go with the D1 and get a stern cabin. We were in 7174 and 9256 on a back to back. Much larger balconies and 9256 balcony (stern corner) was positively HUGE! Plenty of room to entertain; and I mean plenty. Bon Voyage!

I would definitely go with the D1 and get a stern cabin. We were in 7174 and 9256 on a back to back. Much larger balconies and 9256 balcony (stern corner) was positively HUGE! Plenty of room to entertain; and I mean plenty. Bon Voyage!

I would agree with the sentiment, but actually, the D2 cabins which sleep only 2 are the cheaper cabins AND are the aft cabins. We have 9660 on the Jewel in September for the transatlantic and it is a D2. We also had 1104 booked for the eastbound TA in May but ended up upgrading to a suite when the prices came down. 1104 was also a D2. First time my cabin choice has ever been cheaper!

Archived