Sensation vs Imagination

livingitup

Dilemma, friends have invited me to go along with them on their family vaca this summer. They want to go on the Sensation. I was just on the Sensation Aug 2009. I have been looking a pics of the Imagination and I like the Imaginations decor a lot better than the Sensations. Should I just be happy, keep my mouth shut and get on the Sensation (they are paying) or suggest the Imagination because I think its a nicer ship?

They are both almost identical ships, except I think Sensation got the balconies and Imagination hasnt yet. Both are fantasy class and laid out the same.

Id go with my friends. Who cares about the color scheme?? (just my opinion, you are entitled to yours).

It would be more important to go cruise with my friends than to have the perfect color scheme... unless their cruise was a lot more $$, then I might be hanging back with excuses.

Should I just be happy, keep my mouth shut and get on the Sensation (they are paying) or suggest the Imagination because I think its a nicer ship?

Although I agree that the Imagination has a nicer decor than the Sensation, I would let them make the decision since they're paying.

What reasons do they have for choosing the Sensation over the Imagination? Price? Port of embarkation? Itinerary? These may be just some reasons why the Sensation makes more sense to them...

They are both almost identical ships, except I think Sensation got the balconies and Imagination hasnt yet. Both are fantasy class and laid out the same.

Id go with my friends. Who cares about the color scheme?? (just my opinion, you are entitled to yours).

It would be more important to go cruise with my friends than to have the perfect color scheme... unless their cruise was a lot more $$, then I might be hanging back with excuses.

Geez, don't tell me that! I am booked in a Grand Suite on Imagination and it better have a balcony!:eek:

They do like the Sensations Intinerary, overnight in Nassau was the selling point I beleive. Although the Sensations purple is PURPLE it was still an enjoyable short cruise. Carnival is the fun ship no matter which ship...right? Thanks for the feedback guys

Geez, don't tell me that! I am booked in a Grand Suite on Imagination and it better have a balcony!:eek:

There is a category specially called balconys. These were added onto the outside of the hull on 4 Fantasy class ships to OVs so they now have balconys to book at balcony prices.

Most don't want to pay SUITE prices just to get a balcony. The smaller suites are most like cat 8 balconys anyway. ... now you can get them at balconys prices instead of the much higher suite prices on those 4 ships.

I love the Sensation -- we've been on it twice and wouldn't hesitate to go again. Since it's THEIR family vacation and they are paying, I think you were right to just go along with it and not try to get them to change their plans. Going out of Port Canaveral is also a plus in my book.

Archived