Bedding / pillow question

hsb248

I wrote the following to Azamara after a phone call that led me to a e-mail which

was suggested by Azamara I send to Special Services / Requests Department at Celebrity.

Pictures of cabins on Azamara Journey show various pillows on the bed and sofa various ones / a variety. Was it for the pictures to make the rooms look more decorative or in fact did they have them in all cabins?

No reply on this it has been 1 week ..... Humm..... not even a form letter e-mail reply acknowledgement.

address given by Azamara: special_needs@celebrity.com

Read my e-mail below:

Hello;

Regarding:

Azamara Journey Trans Atlantic Crossing departing Rome November 15, 2010

Booking / Reservation Number:

Cabin Number: Deck 7 Room Number: Interior Stateroom

Hugh Binder e-mail: phone:

I have very strong allergies to feather and down pillows and duvets.

1. Do your staterooms have feather or down pillows and duvets / blankets / bedspreads?

2. I need this clarified being I can not have these in the room were I am living for my 2 week cruise and have to have them taken from the room hopefully prior to my being in the room if at all possible.

3. Do you offer like some hotels do the option of a foam or other content pillow plus a ordinary blanket non feathered products?

4. If the above option is available please take the appropriate action to order this for my cabin prior to my arrival / check in.

5. Please verify the above and advise me via e-mail or phone about my request?

Thank You For Your Help,

Thanks for your input on this.

HSB248 / Hugh

Sad that you haven't had a response yet.....are you booked with a TA? They may have a better chance of getting an answer for you. I think they do offer alternatives to down, but I am not sure.

Also, another route to try, if you are a Captain's Club member, is to call Captain's Club directly and ask your question. They are generally very responsive.

Hi Hsb !

I suggest calling the Special Needs Department. Here is their information :

Access Department

Phone: 866-592-7225

Fax: 954-628-9622

Email: special_needs@celebrity.com

I am fairly confident that Azamara will be able to accomodate your requests, but you should have your requests noted on your booking. If you used a Travel Agent, you should also make your requests with them.

You can also try calling Captains Club for information, but I would stick with the Special Needs Department on this. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for your input.

I am a Part Time TA actually.

As a final resort I could call my agency's Azamara Rep but not my first choice as the way to get my personal request dealt with.

Many Thanks,

HSB248 / Hugh

I think you have responded well to my question and am satisfied that I will be accommodated on board with regard to my allergy to feathers and down bedding.

Thanks,

HSB248 / Hugh

I think you have responded well to my question and am satisfied that I will be accommodated on board with regard to my allergy to feathers and down bedding.

Thanks,

HSB248 / Hugh

I do hope you get this question verified by Azamara shortly. I do think that the duvet's and pillows are non feather...I have a minor sensitivity to them and they did not bother me at all while I was on board...as a matter of fact I thought the pillows were extremely comfortable...all the pillows, even the decorative ones. I am fairly certain they were synthetic.

• 4 years later...

Can you please tell me if this was resolved? I also have an allergy to down feather and have to remove them or I start to itch. Normally in hotels my husband goes through all pillows for me to remove any feather pillows. If we cannot find non feather pillows, we request foam pillows from the front desk. We also check covers but have not been a problem in the US, but find them in Japan and some parts of Europe.

Can you please tell me if this was resolved? I also have an allergy to down feather and have to remove them or I start to itch.

Dates to May 2010 and the original poster's profile indicates that he hasn't contributed to Cruise Critic since February 2011...

While it is entirely possible that a currently participating member can address your inquiry in contemporary but general terms, the most definitive answer to your specific requirements (apparently some with severe allergies require that a cabin be deep-cleaned before occupying it) will still--as Host Andy noted to the original poster--be provided by a representative from the cruiseline's Special Needs Department. The contact phone number and e-mail address that Andy cited then are, to the best of my knowledge, still valid now...

Dates to May 2010 and the original poster's profile indicates that he hasn't contributed to Cruise Critic since February 2011...

While it is entirely possible that a currently participating member can address your inquiry in contemporary but general terms, the most definitive answer to your specific requirements (apparently some with severe allergies require that a cabin be deep-cleaned before occupying it) will still--as Host Andy noted to the original poster--be provided by a representative from the cruiseline's Special Needs Department. The contact phone number and e-mail address that Andy cited then are, to the best of my knowledge, still valid now...

I am hoping that _a participating member may have some knowledge_ on this. This type of allergy is not that uncommon. Don't know about others but I do not need a cabin deep cleaned. Just removing the feather/down works.