Ketchikan

brunolvr

Walked up through Creek Street and walked all the way up to the hatchery and museum. Walked back down and shopped Creek Street while the hubby watched the salmon fishing off the bridge. Yes' date=' the hatchery is worth a visit and the museum is definitely worth it.[/quote']

Thanks, cruisin' granny! Sounds like something we might do. So the walk wouldn't be too far or strenuous for an "out of shape granny"? (me not you)

A better loop is to go up Park to the Totem Heritage Museum through City Park and back to town down Deermont. Gives a wonderful look at residential life. I make the walk every trip, also consider back down the married mans trail. :) Pick up a walking tour map at the dock visitor center.

This "out of shape" granny did it with a very bad back that year. I was on pain pills that did not even touch the pain and we did it in a drizzling rain. I figured I'd get back on the ship, take another pill and wash it down with a huge martini. Didn't do it the second time to Ketchikan but may do it again this year.

Archived