Which Boston Train Station Is Closest To The Black Falcon Terminal....???

Suesan Jean

Hi....!!! sHa_wave2.gif

This October, my DH and I will be taking the Acela train from Stamford, Connecticut up to Boston.

We will be boarding the Norwegian Spirit for a 15 Day Caribbean Repo.

Which train station should we get off at, which station is closest to the Black Falcon Terminal and how long would it take to get from the station to Black Falcon....???

Back Bay Station

North Station Main Service

South Station

Route 128

I have absolutely NO CLUE on which station........:confused:

Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.....!!! icon14.gif

THANK YOU.....!!! icon14.gif :)

definitely get off at south station then take a cab to the terminal. much easier than lugging your stuff on and off the trains. there are alot of minivan cabs in town waiting at south station and the cabbies will haul your stuff on and off for you.

Taking a cab from South Station to Black Falcon takes about 5 minutes, straight down Summer Street. I have walked that route on a number of occasions, and WITHOUT luggage it's about 35 minutes. Public transit gets you there as well, but if you have no issues regarding your luggage, it is a cheap and reliable method of transportation. If you are going to get on the bus, and you plan on doing some exploring in Boston after you check-in at the pier, go downstairs at South Station, use one of the many convenient kiosks, and get a transit Day Pass. It's the most convenient ( and the cheapest ) way to get to Harvard, Science Center, Fenway etc. You can do a whirwind tour of many of the major spots in Boston and Cambridge in just a few hours.

Your Acela will bring you to South Station.. once off the train, walk to the end of the platform turn left and 300 feet to Atlantic Ave where the cab stand is. from that point the cab will turn right on summer street and the pier is less than 1 mile.. you'll see the ship in less than 5 minutes after getting into the cab. Believe me, as said earlier you can almost see the ship from the train lol.

Hope to see you on the repo...it's gonna be a doozy!

The closest is South Station, but if you want a REAL experience, go to one of the stations across the city and take a cab! Boston Cab Drivers are CRAZY!!! I swear they use their horns instead of their breaks!

The cab ride from South Station shouldn't be too bad - they don't have enough time to get up to full speed!!

Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived