Tombstone

PandasRUs

We will be on HAL cruise/tour #3 in July. We were wondering about a couple of the excursions.

In Dawson City, has anyone done the Tombstone tours. Which one, and was it worth the time and money?

In Fairbanks, what about the trip to North Pole, was that hokey or was it a fun time?

Thanks for the input.

In Fairbanks, what about the trip to North Pole, was that hokey or was it a fun time?

Who cares if it's hokey. For the rest of your life you'll be able to say, in all honesty, "I went to (the) North Pole".

How many chances like this ya gonna get??? :D

Yes! And you can sit on Santa's lap and have your picture made. And you'll see the post office where tons of mail go each year for volunteers to answer. (At Santa's house you'll see many of these letters on display. Many are quite poignant.)

We went on a cruisetour to Alaska, and spent a few days in Fairbanks before the tour started. We rented a car and we went all over, including a trip to the North Pole. Yes, it is hokey, but we had fun. Unless we missed something, there wasn't much there except the store and in the back some reindeer.

We did have our picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. I have attached some pictures.

One of the best things we did in Fairbanks was visit the University of Alaska at Fairbanks Museum of the North. That was a very worthwhile experience and really helped us understand the history of Alaska.

Enjoy your visit to Alaska. It is absolutely amazing!

IMG_0186.jpg.10fc205e4747c39963b0a07a6acaf615.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg.7a63c8c3f637436fe7b414b22f5169ba.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg.110d7b4c35feb87940eaac1f273e8901.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg.2dd44e65ccfe90ac65aad9dc361630c6.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg.9c0394dfa6e6627825c037bf955ebaaa.jpg

Yes! And you can sit on Santa's lap and have your picture made. And you'll see the post office where tons of mail go each year for volunteers to answer. (At Santa's house you'll see many of these letters on display. Many are quite poignant.)

Alas....North Pole is not as it used to be. When I worked summers in Alaska we often spent Fourth of July at North Pole. It is a cute little town and the big gift shop is nice. Santa is there every day. But I hear that the "letters to Santa" thing is/will be a thing of the past. So sad. They have lost the right to the post mark maybe? Can't remember the whole story.

Alas....North Pole is not as it used to be. When I worked summers in Alaska we often spent Fourth of July at North Pole. It is a cute little town and the big gift shop is nice. Santa is there every day. But I hear that the "letters to Santa" thing is/will be a thing of the past. So sad. They have lost the right to the post mark maybe? Can't remember the whole story.

No worries.

Santa can always be contacted by mailing him at:

Santa Clause,

North Pole,

Canada.

HOH OHO

Canadian Forces in ALERT ensure his mail is delivered expeditiously.

Apparently, he answers correspondence in good time.

Smooth sailing...

Who cares if it's hokey. For the rest of your life you'll be able to say, in all honesty, "I went to (the) North Pole".

How many chances like this ya gonna get??? :D

Yup.

And there is Rick's Cafe in Casablanca, Mrs. Hudson's Boarding House in London (221B Baker Street), Dracula's Castle in Transylvania and Anne of Green Gables Village in Canada. I am sure there are more.

Each one is touristy, and each one is a lot of fun. If in the neighborhood, I wouldn't miss one of them.

Smooth sailing...

Alas....North Pole is not as it used to be. ... But I hear that the "letters to Santa" thing is/will be a thing of the past.
The last I heard they had all of that worked out, and volunteers are doing the letters. They still have the postmark because the post office in town is a real one.

Archived